Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Laser Gatling - getting 8 CORRECTED parallel beams from NUBM08 block

RedCowboy

LPF Site Supporter
40mm is the shortest FL and they are 53.00 each. Hmm

The problem is our beams divergence, are you talking about KE four 6X corrected beams from nubm44's with G2 primaries ? I see you said 2 sets of four......you might as well KE all eight as the bars will grow way past the height of 8 stacked ribbons in short order, by 30 feet eight might look square.

For the nubm44 with a G2 and a 6X pair I get about 6mm wide bar at the exit that tapes down to 5mm at about 7 feet then opens back up to 7mm wide at 15 feet, then by 35 feet its a bar about 15mm wide and by 75 feet it's about 35mm +wide.

What really helps is adding a beam expander to the corrected beam, I was told that using a 2nd concave cyl back to back when setting the 6X pair could tighten it up quite a bit but it's been raining here all week and I have not tested.

Last edited:

Yes at the moment I am talking about KE of 8 corrected beams from this 08 block. After making the tank turret I know that correcting beams ex G-2 after KE will be almost impossible, they can only be focused somewhere at a point.
https://laserpointerforums.com/thre...ubm44-in-lasertack-micro-module.100661/page-5

If this does not work out with 08 I have NUBM44 block from v1 to try with putting G-2 over each of the diodes. Have also a couple of v2 PJs but do not want to dismantle them yet.
KE will also be needed in order to squeeze the beams into any kind of BE later.

RedCowboy

LPF Site Supporter
I see what you want to do, if your 44 block has well aligned diodes it could work, but you don't really have any way to compensate if not, to knife edge on a single plane your sources will need to be properly aligned to your KE mirrors on plane ( level ) and usually this means they have adjustability built in or the individual modules and lenses can be moved to align your beams to the knife edging mirrors ( on plane ) yes the mirrors adjust but the height/plane needs to be the same for each set of 4 so the mirrors can knife edge and be aligned over the distance you want to use the beam, otherwise you may start together but deviate from there as well as diverging.

Now if they are not really knife edging but rather moveable as 8 units to bundle your beams then you could do something with that having your 8 beams all converge at your max range and if you can start with those 8 mirrors as close together as possible you will have a cluster that becomes more homogeneous as the spots diverge and overlap on the way to converge. But to get the power of 8 into the tightest beam/spot you will need adjustability at both ends or good luck with the blocks factory alignment.

But they are after all highly divergent MM beams, so the best expectations if done with full adjustability vs. one ended may not be that far off the mark, it will be interesting to see. :)

Last edited: