Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser for Street Lights

RocketBagel

Hey I'm completely new here and all I want is some guidance on a cheap rechargeable laser that I can use to turn off a street light in my backyard. Its in the middle of a block of houses so it doesn't even light up the street at all. It has recently started flickering and it shines directly through my window onto my bed. I heard that you can turn them off with a laser and thought that it would be a cool and relatively inexpensive thing to set up. Can someone recommend me a low cost laser that would be able to turn it off?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8137.JPG
    IMG_8137.JPG
    898.9 KB · Views: 22

That streetlight seems to be on the older side of things.... not sure if that makes a difference however.

Look across the forums though, this question has been asked before.

-Alex

Might try to get the city to remove, or at least, deactivate it. If it serves no useful purpose that should be easy.

I agree with Paul. I had a similar situation at my old apartment, and I just had to send a few emails and wait a week. Success will vary depending on your local government's or power company's responsiveness :)

Even if you managed to accomplish this, it requires a relatively high power laser to be active all night. This is going to attract the wrong kind of attention to your area.

Call the city instead.

This forum frowns upon such things-- very illegal -- AFAIK

IF.. you had searched before posting and read the posts you prolly would never made this thread.

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Yeah you're basically asking the forum how to destroy property. That's not good at all. I mean how dumb is that?