Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser For Iphone?

Lolvo

That's a neat concept. Easy to use and practical, while safe for use with the uneducated laser newbie.

The information you are looking for is found by expanding the fine print of the app:

Important Notice! For practical use this app, you need the HMB | TEC ® Laser Pointer Plug No. IP-LP2010. Check availability and order the laser plug online at www.hmb-tec.de before app purchase.

When activated, you can switch on this particular operation:

1. The laser light in continuous wave mode (continuous)
2. The laser beam is modulated with a flashing frequency of 1 hertz (increase to slow flashing to attract attention)
3. The laser beam is modulated with a flashing frequency of 3 hertz (fast flashing to attract attention)
4. The laser beam is controlled via the built-in iPhone acceleration sensor (depending on the angle of rotation constant light, slow or fast flashing, or off if not rotated)

Technical data of the LaserPointer Gold-Plug:

- Optical beam power 0.15 to max. 3.2 mW
- 10mA average current consumption in continuous operation
- Power supply of audio signal, no additional battery required
- Wavelength 650nm (signal red)
- Red Dot diameter in 5 meters about 8mm
- Laser Class 1 according to EN 60825-1-94

:)

That's a neat concept. Easy to use and practical, while safe for use with the uneducated laser newbie.

The information you are looking for is found by expanding the fine print of the app:

:)

lol ya i didnt even see the expanding button my bad. i got a pretty small screen 11'

wish they made more powerful lasers for the iphone

Things

Considering it plugs into the audio jack, it would have been cool if you could audio modulate the beam. Then you could have an app on another phone that reads a sensor and decodes it again.

do u know how i can set up my signature so that it shows the color for each laser? i tried using the A tab and typed after the letters came up but that didnt work

Lolvo

Considering it plugs into the audio jack, it would have been cool if you could audio modulate the beam. Then you could have an app on another phone that reads a sensor and decodes it again.

The first part I understand, and wouldn't be too hard at all to code. In fact, all it seems it would require is integration of another app (I know of at least one app that does audio modulation). But what do you mean by decoding it; why would that be necessary?

do u know how i can set up my signature so that it shows the color for each laser? i tried using the A tab and typed after the letters came up but that didnt work

In user control panel, in signature editing, highlight the text you wish to change the color of, then click the arrow next to the "A" and choose your color. The board will surround your highlighted text with the corresponding BBcode for that color. Very simple! :)

The first part I understand, and wouldn't be too hard at all to code. In fact, all it seems it would require is integration of another app (I know of at least one app that does audio modulation). But what do you mean by decoding it; why would that be necessary?

In user control panel, in signature editing, highlight the text you wish to change the color of, then click the arrow next to the "A" and choose your color. The board will surround your highlighted text with the corresponding BBcode for that color. Very simple! :)

thanks bro! love how it really is common since once its explained lol

ARG

30 pounds, eek. Best to buy a quality pen laser from LG and use that instead.

The novelty of it is neat though.

Last edited:

kilter

I was going to buy a fan for the iphone, rip it apart, and put a 30mw module in it! Think it will work?