Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser for a graduation present, please help

I have a 5mw green, 50mw green, 150mw green, and a 150mw violet laser which is focusable. They are all pretty cheaply made, except my blue one.

For a graduation present to myself (from money my relatives sent me) I want to buy a really nice laser. Please help recommend me a good one based off of these guidelines:

above 150mw - able to ignite matches and higher
green
no focus, i just like solid beams
higher quality but not overpriced like dragonlasers
able to easily fit in your pocket, say cargo pants
price range of around $100 to $250

Thank you for your help, I really love lasers and I appreciate all feedback in helping me select a good laser. My other ones are really poor quality so I thought it was about time I got one that will last.

On another thought, I suppose a high quality 5mw laser might be better than a 150mw poor quality one?

I got my 50mw green from o-like. I found that it was not very good quality, but fun while it lasted. The problem with those green lasers on o-like is that they are all adjustable/focus able. the problem I have with a focus is that its much too annoying, I prefer to just take it out of my pocket and have a nice solid beam :)

Thank you very much for the link though, I am glad you took the time to help me.

I wouldn't consider dragonlasers being overpriced... however, staying on the cheap and sturdy side, o-like is probably the best option for a new one in your standards. Lazerer to me feels like it's built cheaply

Last edited:
If you have ever owned or used a laser from dragon you would know they are not over priced. The 55mw viper was my first green over 5mw. I still have it and it works like I just got it. That was 5 years ago. :na: Always quality over quantity :wave: I still haven't found another laser that has beam quality like my viper.

Last edited:
I have a 5mw green, 50mw green, 150mw green, and a 150mw violet laser which is focusable. They are all pretty cheaply made, except my blue one.

For a graduation present to myself (from money my relatives sent me) I want to buy a really nice laser. Please help recommend me a good one based off of these guidelines:

above 150mw - able to ignite matches and higher
green
no focus, i just like solid beams
higher quality but not overpriced like dragonlasers
able to easily fit in your pocket, say cargo pants
price range of around $100 to $250

Thank you for your help, I really love lasers and I appreciate all feedback in helping me select a good laser. My other ones are really poor quality so I thought it was about time I got one that will last.

On another thought, I suppose a high quality 5mw laser might be better than a 150mw poor quality one?

First, no, a good quality 5mw laser is only 5 miliwatt, whereoff many cheap '5mw' lasers actually aren't 5 miliwatt, but often between 15-30mW. Even though that, your cheap, low quality 150mW should still output over 30mW i assume, so no a good quality 5mW it won't be better than your cheap 150mW .. :)

Im sorry if i have misunderstood or misread something, as im just trying to help you :)