Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser for $10?

I literally have a ten dollar bill and nothing else. What laser should I get and where?

You should save up and buy a quality laser. It's worth it. I know you want it rightrightnow, but it's definately worth the wait. You won't get anything impressive at $10.

jakeGT

Get a 405 violet pointer from the seller itemquickship on eBay ita $7.50, and usually overspec at 30-50mW of 405. Add some fog and u have a laser with a beam

I suggest this one:
TRUE 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen $9.75 Free Shipping
It is $9.75
I have ordered one, and liked it so much that I ordered 3 more to give as gifts. I have no way of telling the actual power output, but some members say it is 50mw or more of green. However, some members also say it is only 10-30mw of green and alot of IR, so I guess it's a gamble. Still, you can see the beam, and it's a great beginners laser. Hope this helps ya!

At least you should save up until you can buy a laser AND savety goggles! That's at least another 10$, but your eyes should be worth the money.

TTerbo

I strongly advise against buying cheapo $5-10 green pointer when you are a beginner, sure they are cheap and fun but they emmit to much IR for my liking...(usually)
save up another $35 and i believe you can get a good rayfoss laser that would be a lot better that the ebay ones.

....Then contact scopeguy20 for some good cheap laser glasses

jakeGT

I suggest this one:
TRUE 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen $9.75 Free Shipping
It is $9.75
I have ordered one, and liked it so much that I ordered 3 more to give as gifts. I have no way of telling the actual power output, but some members say it is 50mw or more of green. However, some members also say it is only 10-30mw of green and alot of IR, so I guess it's a gamble. Still, you can see the beam, and it's a great beginners laser. Hope this helps ya!

but you gotta remember, every laser is different, just because it is the same model, same supplier, same stock, doesn't mean a darn thing, it can be alot higher or alot lower, you never know especially with the cheaper chinese bulk drop shipping companies, they don't build the lasers, just buy them from whoever they can and resell em

but you gotta remember, every laser is different, just because it is the same model, same supplier, same stock, doesn't mean a darn thing, it can be alot higher or alot lower, you never know especially with the cheaper chinese bulk drop shipping companies, they don't build the lasers, just buy them from whoever they can and resell em

That's exactly what I was trying to say :beer:
I just articulate well late at night hehe.

As for the goggles, I do highly suggest getting some. I have the $20 cheapy 405-532nm ones from O-Like and they work well. However, to answer the actual question the OP had, that green laser I listed will probably be a great buy, but if you are not going to get goggles then you can ONLY use it outside. Do not be tempted to use it inside, as I know for a fact that it will not burn anything. With a laser like that you need to be worried about the IR light that you can't see, not so much the green that you can...

Rafa

I strongly advise against buying cheapo $5-10 green pointer when you are a beginner, sure they are cheap and fun but they emmit to much IR for my liking...(usually)
save up another $35 and i believe you can get a good rayfoss laser that would be a lot better that the ebay ones.

....Then contact scopeguy20 for some good cheap laser glasses

I don't know your liking but he should take more car for the actual green than the LOW IR. Seriously, they do not emit that HUGe quantity of IR, and what they emit is almos uncollimated so I wont care too much for the IR.

Things

Yup, the IR output is insignificant compared to the green output, and you'd have to actually look into the laser before it'd be of concern anyway.

jakeGT

Yup, the IR output is insignificant compared to the green output, and you'd have to actually look into the laser before it'd be of concern anyway.

haha But DON'T DO THAT DONT DO THAT!!!! never look into any laser ever, not even a 1mW!