Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser + dimond = shotgun!

• Thread starter Stephen j gilman
  • Start date
S

Stephen j gilman

USE YOUR GOGLES! beam shots everywhere!

Lol I shot my laser into a dimond that fell of my girlfriends ring!!! It keeps the beam solid but the beam splits up like 9 times! It's like a random beam scaterer! Lol if you put it in a tube to reflect it forward you get a laser shotgun! NEW PROJECT!

ye you can use diamond or just cheap ass glass

Last edited:
S

Stephen j gilman

Try it with a dimond! It has a different effect all together. It still comes out as a solid beam, not just scatterd light! You need to hit the flat top of the dimond. The side opposite of the point.

To bad i dont have dimonds laying around.:san:

Ill be back going to the store to pick one up right now.:whistle:

J/k

Can you make a video on the effect and beams.?

its just like a diffraction grating except in a different scatter pattern.

S

Stephen j gilman

Only an iPhone camera. So I can't do video. :,( But I lit a match from 3 different beams coming out of the dimond! Some of the refracted beams can still light a match! Others don't... :,(

Ps. on a side note I got my 1w445 today! The bad thing Is it got intercepted by the girlfriend... Worse than customs! Now I don't get it till x-mas! Lol

O-like still shipping on time!

Vega

Use 3D glasses to shoot the beam through, the effect looks 10 times better

eexe

I have tried this with my 8$ 405 ebay pen on my sister's engadgement ring, looked awesome. Every light spot was in some unique nice shape. The unpredictability of scattering is pretty annoying, though.

CDHDC

Use 3D glasses to shoot the beam through, the effect looks 10 times better

This was the first thing I did with my arctic. I removed the glass in the training lens, then used it for a stencil cutting several small circles out of old 3D glasses and inserted them back into the training lens housing. Laying them in with different layers and orintations to each other, you get different effects. Then when I found one I liked I held them in tight with a small o-ring and screwed the retainer back in;)

laserwithgemeffects.jpg