Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Dazzler 500mw greenie for cops and military

kJoule

one problem I see with these dazzlers is their fragility when used in real battle scenario

All I know is if some pissant law-enforcenent type with at best a tech-school degree and possibly some day-training decides it's in his best interest to hit me with ANY laser that's not pointing at a spot downrange (me) where the lead is heading I'm gonna break my Hercules off in his ass AFTER I blind him for real.

I recently had an OWI dismissed due to the fact that they gave me the HGN test (the whole pencil/pupil thing) while facing the squad, as the candlepower of the onboard spotlight exceeded a "safe" level of exposure at 5-10yds (the distance shown on the video between me and the squad) as well as the fact that at that intensity my ability to focus and react normally was compromised by the lighting, sober or otherwise - now they're going to hand this moron a laser?

Military, fine. Undertrained civilian law enforcement, a resounding HELL NO.

Cmon, John - the best defense is a good offense, remember?

(slinks into the corner, staring at he floor and whistling the theme from "cops"...)

HIMNL9

Still wondering to see this officer with hundreds of $ "green dazzle", against someone wearing "cheap 10$ anti-green goggles" focalprice style ..... :crackup: :D :p :whistle:

Krutz

..if someone already is equipped with 10$ protection.. you think there are 100$ left in his budget for counterlasering? somehow i doubt our attacking officer is equipped with googles.. ;-)

i wonder how regular everyday glasses would look like if they were coated to only reflect 532nm +-1nm. should be steep enough to not be annoying when wearing?
oh, the possibilities.. add that to your metallic coated shirt you wear anyway! :)

manuel

HIMNL9

You can made a reflective coating for a single wavelenght, i think with +/- 10nm precision, or also a bit more, using holograms printed on the lens ..... usually, holographic optical elements matched for specific wavelenghts, are visible only at these wavelenghts, and almost invisible with other ones (as example, the mirrors made for HUD displays in the hunting airplanes, that are holographic mirrors ..... completely transparent for all the wavelenghts, and reflective for the color of the displays) ..... probably in full sunlight it appears as a normal CR lens, maybe just a little pink, but almost unnoticeable, where instead if illuminated only with a green laser, they appear completely black (i have a very small anti-IR filter, made with this holographic system ..... at eyes, it's perfectly clear, just seem very light AR coated, but looking at it under IR light with a camera, it appear totally black)