Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser company in Dongguan,China

UPDATE 2019/4/03 : The laser arrived. Tested. It's neutral case 505nm laser !

UPDATE 2019/3/16 : They sent me the tracking number but wrong one ....

Hello everyone.This is my first every thread about company review in style of 16 years old kid.14 days ago I ordered the something that should be Sharp GH05035A2G 505nm laser diode from Alibaba.Yesterday I received the laser.The pictures and descriptions below are everything I got yesterday.(Description always under the picture).

This is the package looks like form outside.

I cut the side of the package .

This is the [bubble warp] that warp somethind inside.

This is the diode tray in the sealed Anti-static bag.

This diode is so lonely in the tray.You are now looking at the loneliest laser diode.

From the above pictures.I really surprised that the diode only came alone ! Then I immediately contact the seller then they quickly respond me and they told me to send another diode.

However.I can't judge this company yet.but I had seen something different from other seller. most of laser seller put the laser in the anti-static ziplock and wrap with soft bubble wrap.Some just put in the plastic ziplock.But this company put the diode in the tray and they put the tray inside the sealed Anti-static bag to reduce movement of the tray (movement does create electric charge).

Afterall.I can't prove that the seller really forgot or really do.but I still waiting for the 2nd laser shipment.Fortunately I do the trade via Trade Assurance.Alibaba still protecting me after I confirm good received for about 30 days (Started from yesterday).

Everyting is gonna fine If I received the 2nd diode and I hope it will be the thing I want.

Last edited:

GSS

That's some funny shipping packaging for single diode!!
I'm a bit confused though? Did you order 2 diodes?

I have received many diodes from this company and this is typical of the way they ship them. The tray is ESD protected too. I have received as many as 30 diodes this way and as few as three. I have never been asked to return any diodes, but I have not had any problems with them either.

AFAIK such items are shipped free to USA. ( no charge to seller/sender) .

I doubt it cost the seller anything so...why not over-pack??

Getting an item so well packed will make the buyer feel very well protected and MY guess is the smaller packages tend to get lost more often that larger ones so... AND it
looks like all the pack materials (except the anti-static bag) are recycled....

Last edited:
Actually, I had to pay $38 for DHL Express shipping from this seller. That is typical for shipping to the US.

Actually, I had to pay $38 for DHL Express shipping from this seller. That is typical for shipping to the US.
They likely try to get the profit from shipping fee.Actually the shipping cost from Dongguan to Trang/Thailand is just about $3.and they seem to fake the package weight (mine is 0.5KG Crazy 0.5 KG laser package ?!?!).It just weight about 200g.

Last edited:
UPDATE. The 2nd laser arrived. Tested. It's neutral case 505nm laser

What is the number on the window micro-printed around it? I may be able to tell you the wavelength of that diode by its number. I have tested many of these diodes and binned them by WL.