Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Collector - Not Builder :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to keep cool as long as possible, as long as they don't say something directly offensive to me, I will stay calm.

Also, I hope lasergal realizes that also, most of us are gentleman, and have some sense of self control.

I try to keep cool as long as possible, as long as they don't say something directly offensive to me, I will stay calm.

Also, I hope lasergal realizes that also, most of us are gentleman, and have some sense of self control.

Of course I do. What really set me off was how he was so insistant that anyone under 21 only wants a laser to blind people. How stupid. Sure, there are kids who would misuse them, but that doesn't mean that all teens are totally irresponsible. If I'd had a laser at that age, I'd be super-careful with it because I had complete understanding of the hazards associated with them.

Age is not necessarily an indicator of responsibility.

Of course I do. What really set me off was how he was so insistant that anyone under 21 only wants a laser to blind people. How stupid. Sure, there are kids who would misuse them, but that doesn't mean that all teens are totally irresponsible. If I'd had a laser at that age, I'd be super-careful with it because I had complete understanding of the hazards associated with them.

Age is not necessarily an indicator of responsibility.

You hit the nail on the head there, some teenagers actually realize how dangerous such a thing could be.

I am pretty much an asshole about ever handing over one of my handhelds- no time for the safety lecture and regardless of age most, given enough time will do stupid things. So I tend to just dissappoint most all and refrain from 'sharing', with a few exceptions. I have also refused to sell a laser that IS FS, based upon my feelings that it will not be used safely.. money be damned.

Too many have a mind-set based on 1mW red cat toys.. personally my thoughts on pointing any laser at any person even at thier feet is just a BAD idea that can only get worse from there. AND what does the average person do when a flashlight seems to not be working..... they look into the apeture and try to make it work---OK for a flashlight but a laser....duh!!

" Last man on earth with two good eyes in the land of the blind holds a 1+W laser in his hand"

Last edited:

jakeGT

Let's see if you can't go ahead and get yourself banned again?

jakeGT

Good. Then you can just stay banned hopefully and we won't have to hear you jackass comments that don't help anybody or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.