Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Collector - Not Builder :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is it anyone who starts with "I have X dollars to spend on a laser" is helped when they are obviously a child of some sort and most likely not responsible enough to have one?

Last edited:
Why is it anyone who starts with "I have X dollars to spend on a laser" is helped when they are obviously a child of some sort and most likely not responsible enough to have one?

His grammar, and syntax are good. He stated what his budget was, and what he wanted to buy. He did some research, asked the right questions, and is very polite.

Many buyers come here, post something along the lines of "me want burner mega lazor and how much if ship tomorrow?"

I sense some bitterness. It's misdirected.

Speaking of polite... I'm gonna be a bit late on the LPMing... want to eat first, haven't had time to eat all day:p

His grammar, and syntax are good. He stated what his budget was, and what he wanted to buy. He did some research, asked the right questions, and is very polite.

Many buyers come here, post something along the lines of "me want burner mega lazor and how much if ship tomorrow?"

I sense some bitterness. It's misdirected.

Speaking of polite... I'm gonna be a bit late on the LPMing... want to eat first, haven't had time to eat all day:p

Not really bitter. Just find it funny how nazi some people are about goggles and "protecting the hobby" but some politeness and grammar with an ability to search suddenly makes you a legal consenting adult?
I was pretty well educated when I was 11 and using the internet to gather knowledge of dangerous tasks but I probably woulda spent all day blinding pigeons or something had I got a laser. Probably still would if I didn't have anything to lose.

Digital, I understand where you are coming from. Most kids around my age would take a laser, and shine it at their friends and such; that is not the case with me. I know how dangerous lasers can be, and I acknowledge my friends, and my safety. Thanks for your concerns.

Well, I am 15, so being mature is not an issue with me, nor my friends.

No offense man but I wouldn't trust a 15 year old with a pocket knife and a box of kleenex for 6 hours much less a laser that can accidentally blind a person who is worth 100x more in life then you might ever be and have no recourse because they are a minor.

I'm not really a big banner waver of laser crack down or policing of laser sales or ownership but I think the same general laws of a gun should apply to lasers. Maybe not DC gun laws, but normal non-nazi state gun laws.

I'm just saying if a 15 year old shined a laser in my eye I should be fully within my legal rights to push the laser into his rectum and then twist his body till the casing split the batteries and acid leaked into their bowls. Get me?

Last edited:
Yeah, I understand. With this laser though, I would only be using it for shining it into the night sky and such, no, not at planes either. I understand what you mean by not trusting a 15 year old with a laser, but I intend on taking full responsibility with my laser, and no damage would be done.

No offense man but I wouldn't trust a 15 year old with a pocket knife and a box of kleenex for 6 hours much less a laser that can accidentally blind a person who is worth 100x more in life then you might ever be and have no recourse because they are a minor.

I'm not really a big banner waver of laser crack down or policing of laser sales or ownership but I think the same general laws of a gun should apply to lasers. Maybe not DC gun laws, but normal non-nazi state gun laws.

I'm just saying if a 15 year old shined a laser in my eye I should be fully within my legal rights to push the laser into his rectum and then twist his body till the casing split the batteries and acid leaked into their bowls. Get me?

:eek:

Wow. I'm almost afraid to ask what your opinion of women and lasers are, especially since I first wanted one at around age 16.

:eek:

Wow. I'm almost afraid to ask what your opinion of women and lasers are, especially since I first wanted one at around age 16.

Why would I care? Are you a feminist or something? Or some super fat butch chick? Females tend to mature faster then men up to a certain age but obviously have hormone issues that cloud their judgem..... Wait are you posting from the kitchen?

benmwv

I don't understand what your problem is. So what if he is 15, doesn't mean he isn't responsible. There are many young members here.

I'm 17, I joined when I was 14 or 15. I have plenty of lasers. I have laser goggles. I have never shined a laser in someones eyes. Pretty surprising huh? Being a teenager it must be my natural reaction to blind people, right?

Ps, nothing gives you legal rights to sexually assault someone. It sounds like you think you would have the right to molest someone if they are an adult. That was a very creepy thing to say.

After your past two post you have a neg rep coming from me ;)

I don't understand what your problem is. So what if he is 15, doesn't mean he isn't responsible. There are many young members here.

I'm 17, I joined when I was 14 or 15. I have plenty of lasers. I have laser goggles. I have never shined a laser in someones eyes. Pretty surprising huh? Being a teenager it must be my natural reaction to blind people, right?

Ps, nothing gives you legal rights to sexually assault someone. It sounds like you think you would have the right to molest someone if they are an adult. That was a very creepy thing to say.

After your past two post you have a neg rep coming from me ;)

Since your just a child I'll break down a little bit about how the world works. You don't plan on what the "select few" will do. You plan on the majority. Laws are based upon that. Kids aren't allowed to have dangerous items. If you can't legally buy a sparkler what makes you think you should be allowed to own a laser? Grow up a bit with your opinion before you post next time.

Thanks benmwv. Also, I don't see the whole need for this war. I understand you are concerned for my safety, and for others, and I thank you for that. However, there is no need to fight about it. I know the vast majority of teens would not take having a laser seriously, but I ensure that I will do my best to keep safety my number one concern.

Last edited:
Why would I care? Are you a feminist or something? Or some super fat butch chick? Females tend to mature faster then men up to a certain age but obviously have hormone issues that cloud their judgem..... Wait are you posting from the kitchen?

Um, friendly sort of fellow, aren't you?

Sounds like someone here has had a bad day.

Thanks benmwv. Also, I don't see the whole need for this war. I understand you are concerned for my safety, and for others, and I thank you for that. However, there is no need to fight about it. I know the vast majority of teens would not take having a laser seriously, but I ensure that I will do my best to keep safety my number one concern.

If you like science and mathematics you should have your parents enroll you in a magnet program for early college credits in a applied field that will expose you to lasers and other possible intriguing things.

No one really has a use for a laser. Do to their danger level application For "fun" is limited. In a safe way at least. So it's fairly suspect that a Very young minor would have the self control and reasoning ability to not endanger themselves or others. Mostly the safety of others.
Granted I'm sure there are perfect examples of adults using poor judgement and children using impeccable judgement. But statistically Your at the very short end of the stick.

Good luck though. I'm sure you'll buy one regardless of what anyone says.

Um, friendly sort of fellow, aren't you?

Sounds like someone here has had a bad day.
You make sure everyone knows your a female in your name And signature and then make a point of dragging gender into this conversation. Feminist much?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.