Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Collection review

8407-image.jpg

Hey guys wanted to make a review after I had a reasonable collection.
8393-1379797617201.jpg

First up Dominator from Blord. This is one of my favorites. 3.595w of fury. Beam is so clean compared to any other custom I have. Had Blord make the heatsink anodized black as well as a black button instead of the green. He dubbed it the Black Dominator. Packaging was great shipping was fast. Passed right through customs no problem. Thanks so much Blord!

8394-1379797665220.jpg

Notice the beam doesn't hit anything but it's target. No batwing. Later you will see what i mean. As most of you know dealing with Blord was easy and it was delivered to Baltimore in 10 days. This laser has so much weight to it due to a heatsink on the pill driver and of course the diode. Its so precisely made the heatsink is press fitted in the host.

Next up is my rick trent 3.4w 445nm c8

8395-1379797710956.jpg

As you can now see this laser has a fair amount of batwing. But rick also made this a great laser and buying experience. The c8 host has the option of shortening it and making it as pocket friendly as possible. Since it Rick and I live in the same country this laser came very fast. Packaged well and came with ok glasses batteries and a charger. Thanks Rick. This is my daily driver.

Next is my Dragon Lasers Hulk Ultra 300mW or as some of you know it as a PGL-III-C 300. Same product

8390-1379797306576.jpg

8391-1379797018697.jpg

The dragon laser company has always come through for me so I decided to hold with them on this one. I've owned a 1w spartan as well both great lasers and came in a little over a week. The beam on this laser is so thin compared To my other 532nm and the shutter feels very well made unlike the laserbtb shutter. A great laser in my collection. This things just feels very well made. Heavy in the hand and everything fits beautifully. The side button looks a bit clunky as others have said but that's a minor complaint on this great laser. The shutter is great but I would love to be able to focus it. Shutter or focus that's the choice. I wanted the protection.

The next one is my laserbtb I got from bloompyle. The paperwork says it metered in at 392mw of 532. This and my laserbtb 455nm 100 mw are the only lasers I have with any safety features. I think while they improve the value of the laser eventually becomes a pain. The beam is slightly thicker than my hulk ultra at infinity, but this laser is able to focus.
8424-imag0231.jpg

Last up ft or now is my latest. The gitd MS-SSW 3w+. This one was purchased from wannaburnstuff and for now is my show piece. About a week after I had it decided to throw something in the mix along the lines of gitd powder and it turned out great. Wbt gave me time to pay and same day delivery. Awesome guy . The host is absolutely beautiful. Soo many grooves, and if anyone knows how many it's me and sinner. The gitd really gives this laser character and is also one of my favorites. I have had suggestions to make a charging station/ case. For this with some uv tube lights fitted in the case. Will post pictures of how that project is going in the future.

8428-imag0244.jpg

Well that's all I'm going to do in this thread. Because it was a multi review I kept the details short and sweet. Got a few more you do that I'll review when I have more pictures. Thanks for watching. Sorry about quality I did all this on my phone. And yeah it was a huge pain! Hope you liked some of my collection.

Last edited:

Ha yeah. Need a lot more than just that! 473 589 638 808 980 520 where do I begin!!
Thanks a lot . Like I said I'll take more pics and do my other lasers soon.

Yeah and the host possibilities are great too. operational quality of course comes first but after that , style. a great looking well performing laser is just..............nirvana

I have a collection of three element lenses because I immediately swap them out for g2. Need to get a couple g9 too. Hmm not bad. In country too.

Last edited:
Yeah a few guys here do those. . Other guys do lead light builds. Like custom pen hosts.

Last edited:

NKO29

Very nice laser collection! I can't wait until i get some exotic wavelengths!

I have a msv1 from sinners custom collection. It's a very small host. It's the on standing up in the big case. Would like to either do a 520 or a 638 in there . Think I might go 638. Other guys are getting around 1w out of them with the right set up. I have lots of pens now thanks to pman. He tricks them out so they are focus able . Amazing customized. Also got some killer small customs from him. He's the master of small hosts

NKO29

I'm throwing a "500mW" Diode in a MS-V4 :) hoping to get 1w+ but i can't decide on what current to run it @ :(

Ask gizmo what his is running at. He's got that exact laser. Blord built it so if he doesn't know Blord will.

Very nice review compilation tmack :beer:

Nice collection as well, I love what you've done with your MS-SSW :)

I'm throwing a "500mW" Diode in a MS-V4 :) hoping to get 1w+ but i can't decide on what current to run it @ :(

Well some members from what I have seen have got 1 watt while driving them at 1.4 amps, but that is also with a g-2 lens or 650 g-1 lens. I have seen fiddy run his 500mw diode at 1.6 amps and he got over 1.2 watts. But remember that driving them that high will cause it to shift in wavelength and reduced life is expected.

BTW nice review tmack, I can't imagine how tedious and time consuming it was to make that MS-SSW GITD :beer:

Blord

Thanks for showing us the collection.
I always test the laser after the build and if the dot shows much artefacts or other unwanted splash I change the G lens. Not every G lens is equally made and some lens/diode combo gives better looking output. Of course you need a pile of lenses to do that. :)

Tedious indeed will. Found a great way to do it efficiency but it's still a tall order.

Blord I appreciate your attention to detail. I'm constantly recommending your builds as you probably know.

Nko, thanks for the feedback. Well have to collaborate on those v1's

Hdgamer, appreciate the comments. Keep me posted on those pens

Very nice laser collection! I can't wait until i get some exotic wavelengths!
Excellent collection and god pictures really. i feel your pain about having to use a phone for everything .Rep when system allows me ......

And Josh yes we both wish about exotic wavelengths alas we live in super nanny land and customs people that don't have a sense of humour ,about the more colorful ways life can be Brightened up .....

Man jumping from my album and think thread alone was a task. Hit back three times. Paste pic. Back to album forward three times. Write a bit .. Back three time paste. Man it took forever when your waiting for a phone to load....oops now the phone is freezing redo. I feel like I'm spoiled right now being on an ipad. Lol I could have bought a couple pc's for what I paid for all my handheld lasers.. But what fun is that? :)

Thanks blaster for the comments. And this Australia thing really gets me thinking about how to get around it every time I talk to you. But I'm sure the gears have been turning in your head about that topic daily. Especially since " the incident " damn Crown Jewels.

You can always put the small pin in the back, and leave the key in the on position. Laser will just be in click for on/off mode.

Then the led indicator would always be on with the 532. It's green when the key is turned and red when the button is pressed.