Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser bucket lists!

Pman

Just finished something on my bucket list. Threads showing 405nm, 445-473nm+, 510-532nm, 589nm, 635-685nm and rainbow. WHEW:tired: Every laser survived:)

Last edited:

FEL and Chemical ;)

I guess you're planning on living a looong time:whistle:
Either that or getting super rich or owning a research company.

I don't think there has been a single hobbyist that has ever made a chemical OR FEL laser.

GSS

I'll keep it simple, and within reach.
470nm at 2W+ I want that nice aqua color
638nm at 1W+ for a red visible night time beam
At least 1 super nice custom host to show off
A Star Trek phaser at 3W+ nicely sinked, you just have to press the switch and hear that famous phaser sound:)
This last one is first on the to do bucket list.

I guess you're planning on living a looong time:whistle:
Either that or getting super rich or owning a research company.

I don't think there has been a single hobbyist that has ever made a chemical OR FEL laser.

Chemical would probably be a lot easier to build than a FEL, but I was being facetious with my answer anyway. While I would, of course, love to have both at my disposal, it's unrealistic to think that I would be able to attain one, let alone both.

As for a more serious answer, I'd love to have a HeSe, Cu vapor, and CW dye.

On a related note, a PVD chamber for coating your own optics, and a Czochralski furnace for pulling your own gain media/NLO crystals would be crazy cool as well. :)

Gabe

With semi-feasibility in mind, I would want a fully adjustable NUBM07E from 50mW to 5W, but it would be great if it stayed at like 475nm throughout the entire power gradient. It would be awesome in one of Sinner's polished 2x26650 Cypreus IIIb Al-Cu hosts. Also since I like good beam specs I'd want some corrective optics to reduce divergence while keeping a semi-thin beam, á lá CDBEAM777. Closest I have is my 150+mW 473 Pl-E Pro :)

Pman

Just for informations sake Gabe I ran my 07E 473+ more than any laser I have ever run except for one workhorse 3.3W 445nm and there was never a hint of a problem and I know it was on a few times over 1 minute. If you really want an amazing color take an adjustable sxd-v3, set it to max and let her rip:) of course if it fails I never said that;) I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else do it yet to be honest.

Gabe

Just for informations sake Gabe I ran my 07E 473+ more than any laser I have ever run except for one workhorse 3.3W 445nm and there was never a hint of a problem and I know it was on a few times over 1 minute. If you really want an amazing color take an adjustable sxd-v3, set it to max and let her rip:) of course if it fails I never said that;) I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else do it yet to be honest.

Yeah Pete you REALLY pushed some of those diodes... and no ill effects?? I think people are scared the diode will pop if they push it too hard. I feel like 5W might be too much powah for me, so I like that the power drops a little after 5.0 Amps or so :)

Vision

You know, after my NUBM44 disaster, I was gonna play it safe and set my mine at 4.5A but....screw it!

I'll have Jordan set it to 5A. I'll post an update in a few weeks. Can't wait to see that color.

Gabe

You know, after my NUBM44 disaster, I was gonna play it safe and set my mine at 4.5A but....screw it!

I'll have Jordan set it to 5A. I'll post an update in a few weeks. Can't wait to see that color.

I'll keep my eyes peeled