Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Beam coming out at angle

infinity8208

All in the title. Why does my beam come out at an angle? If its just bad diode placement, is there a way to fix it without ruining it? The button for the laser is sinking down a bit on one side.

Yep, that's not straight. Could be the diode in crooked or maybe the lens. Would be much easier if I had it in front of me. If you can take the lens off, see if the unfocused light is coming out crooked. It should look bar shaped in the near field.

Yep, that's not straight. Could be the diode in crooked or maybe the lens. Would be much easier if I had it in front of me. If you can take the lens off, see if the unfocused light is coming out crooked. It should look bar shaped in the near field.

Here is a picture

Also, what’s the origin of the device? Did you build it or buy it? I ask because commercial laser diodes are unfortunately sometimes glued into place, whereas with a DIY you have a better chance to adjust the set screw/lens placement. Hope we can help!

infinity8208

Also, what’s the origin of the device? Did you build it or buy it? I ask because commercial laser diodes are unfortunately sometimes glued into place, whereas with a DIY you have a better chance to adjust the set screw/lens placement. Hope we can help!
It from Sanwu.
Here it is without lens, and the button in the host is looking a little weird.

Attachments

• 06AD2A52-3AAC-4E4D-B812-CA40279155A4.jpeg
    06AD2A52-3AAC-4E4D-B812-CA40279155A4.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 223C7A03-204C-46E7-98A8-28B793F9C2E6.jpeg
    223C7A03-204C-46E7-98A8-28B793F9C2E6.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 6A2BF1D4-A2DD-4C48-8755-DAE3C5DB9A63.jpeg
    6A2BF1D4-A2DD-4C48-8755-DAE3C5DB9A63.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 14
Based on that odd looking power button position, I’d say the module was mounted in there crooked. From the style of button I’m guessing this was a laser you bought assembled?

-edit- whoops, didn’t see the comment about sanwu. Yeah that style of button interfaces with a momentary switch on the circuit board, and when they’re loose/at an angle, it can mean that the diode+driver assembly isn’t mounted straight in the casing. I haven’t gotten hands on with that laser before, can it be disassembled fully?

infinity8208

Based on that odd looking power button position, I’d say the module was mounted in there crooked. From the style of button I’m guessing this was a laser you bought assembled?

-edit- whoops, didn’t see the comment about sanwu. Yeah that style of button interfaces with a momentary switch on the circuit board, and when they’re loose/at an angle, it can mean that the diode+driver assembly isn’t mounted straight in the casing. I haven’t gotten hands on with that laser before, can it be disassembled fully?
Only able to disassemble down to where the diode is housed. (Lens and battery caps)

Snecho

That is a Sanwu 304 445nm. I would contact Sanwu to see if they can resolve your issue as they should have good customer service.

infinity8208

That is a Sanwu 304 445nm. I would contact Sanwu to see if they can resolve your issue as they should have good customer service.
I emailed them awhile ago about it, no response. Im assuming that's due to virus issues

Snecho

I emailed them awhile ago about it, no response. Im assuming that's due to virus issues
Yes as Paul said, try again. I had a multi message conversation with them a couple days ago. I used their on-site contact us option.

Hi
Looks like Hop Sing had to much rice for lunch
Sanwu is a reputable dealer here at lpf hope things work out for you
All the members here gave on spot answers no pun intended couldn’t ask for more
Rich:)