Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser acne removal

They use a YAG usually. There are plenty of videos on that as well. CO2 doesn't go deep enough to kill hair follicles.

This type of laser is also good for wrinkles.

Dusty

I know the episode you mean...yeh that was a laser...no idea if it would hurt tho, I would imagen it would hurt a bit at least...

It's only pain-free because of a local anesthetic and local cooling. Otherwise, it'd be far more painful than when the ink went in.

I hear that there is a new laser treatment for toe nail fungus. Painless etc. I'm now wondering if that is 405 nM (near UV) to kill bacteria and would it work, unfocused, for acne. Don't burn, just expose to light.

HMike

I watched a special on tattoos, and they showed a guy who had been in prison getting one removed, and some he had already had removed. They used a laserscope I assume, whatever it was, it was big and green, anyways, the guy said it didn't hurt too much, that it felt like someone popping a rubber band on his skin over and over again.

Green isn't used for tattoo removal.

I hear that there is a new laser treatment for toe nail fungus. Painless etc. I'm now wondering if that is 405 nM (near UV) to kill bacteria and would it work, unfocused, for acne. Don't burn, just expose to light.

So if it's the UV you need, and not the burning, why not use a black light? They are substantially cheaper than any laser medical equipment.

lv128

If I may put in my 2 cents, I recall reading that they used some time of YAG for tattoo removal, watched a video of it online from a company selling it, the beam was invisible and it was capable of instantly bleaching inkjet printed paper and colored construction paper, it appears that it just bleaches the color. the tattoo area is still visible though.

Hmm, odd. Well, it was awhile ago, might have been something else. I might look it up now, I'm intrigued.