Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Acne Lol?

Helioplasma said:
I've recently smoked a dead fly (probably died of age he wasn't flat on a wall) and I can tell you that it is more intoxicating than hydrogen cyanide.

OMG!! You smoke dead flies too!?!?!?!

[whisper]how much for a quarter pound sack of them?[/whisper]

usually for face use they use pulsed YAG or CO2 lasers which produce high intensity but very short duration energy pulses

MarioMaster said:
usually for face use they use pulsed YAG or CO2 lasers which produce high intensity but very short duration energy pulses
I thought they use laser pens? :-?

But what is the technique?

I don't think there's really anyway to "remove' a pimple - at least not in the sense of completely getting rid of it immediately....a pimple is an infection in a hair follicle or pore. CO2 and solid state IR lasers are used to "resurface" the skin to get rid of old acne scars (and any other kinds of scars or blemishes + wrinkles) as they simply burn off the top layer or so of skin - all over, usually.

What you are referring to is probably some kind of technique to speed healing and dissolution of the infection. In that regard it is often known as "phototherapy". I don't think it involves burning up active pimples, though - that would be likely to just create another injury on top of the initial pore infection. Generally for active acne a doctor will prescribe (I know, I've had some minor battles with it in the past) antibiotics to help stop the infections, and possibly a chemical (like RX strength peroxide cream) to dry the pimples up. As mentioned, the laser is usually brought in to deal with acne scars.....