Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton Logo competition

Chad

no... use an all-black version of the one that won the contest... the other one looks like the yamaha logo. <.<

The yamaha logo is similar but it isn't a carbon copy.

yamaha_logo.jpg

The problem is if I just blackify the original it'll suck.

Chad

umm, ORIGINALITY FAIL!

lol, j/k... but just post an all-black one anyway. it won't look that bad. :p

Kenom

This
6d_003.png
is NOT the same as this
Inverted_001.png
There are lots of variations. 1. being the O. 2. the border around the letters.

The one that was selected for the finals was the second in it's normal form but you were asked when it was placed to post an all monochrome version of it. You never did. You instead posted a completely different form (the yamaha edited logo) and a two tone version. Can you see the discrepancy?

The call was made to level the playing field for everyone. Since entry #6 did not get many votes, it was a waste of time to say anything to him about his entry needing to be solid and less detailed. Scog, removed what was most certainly a winning second word from his entry to do so. It's fair. I'm not being unreasonable.

Whatever. I realise this. It's getting too complicated, and would be a waste of time to start over. Can we just hand the prize to RA_pierce? I don't care too much... I was going to buy a barrel from you at some point anyways.

Kenom

But it wouldn't be that difficult. Take your yamaha entry, cut out the o, take the o from the original, cut it out and place it in the first, paint it black and that's it!

Okay. Give me a little while though, mkay? I thought you were insinuating that you were going to disqualify me...

here, sorry for all the complications and junk kenom D:

Attachments

• 6a.png
    6a.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 140

Kenom

That wasn't so hard.  Only took you 8 minutes.  as far as disqualifying you, I havn't decided yet.  Primarily because I asked you blantantly to fix it and you only posted the first one.  I'm kind of a stickler about things like this.  I don't want to be such a hard ass certainly but at the same time, it's like everyone voting on Scog's because of the word Groove.  Would it be a fair competition?  I think not.  Your entry looks good with the brushed metal look.  Not as good in plain black or white.  I also think it rather funny, that prior to scog's removal and the poll being invisible, you only had a few votes and now that it's visible, you get the vast majority.  Is it because of your apparent popularity?  or is it truly because folks like your submission?  I can't honestly say.  I will tell you one thing.  I will NOT let my personal feelings toward your submission sway my decision.  It will be based on many factors including the obvious 19 votes for your logo.

Others can chime in too and I will weigh what they have to say as well.

We could do another 4-5 day poll invisible this time as we still have time.

Apparent popularity is right, lol. My rep has no reflection on my power or respect on these forums. =P

I have no idea, and I'm as surprised as you... I'm still sticking to the sheep thing, where humans follow the crowd..

This is fast turning in to a psychology experiment :)

Just make #5 entry by Ra_pierce the winner. VIdiots isn't that good anyway, so just ignore it :)

Ouch, Murudai, ouch.

Im not too sure, although I would like to see the poll redone with the FINAL versions of all. By final, I mean FINAL, no changes at all.

But then again, will so many of those votes have been because of the brushed metal look?

Wow, I'm flattered! :)
But honestly, It doesn't matter. Ultimately this decision is Kenom's.
It would be nice to get that barrel though :D

Maven

i think number 4 looks like crayon drawings but other than that most of them would be fine

Maven said:
i think number 4 looks like crayon drawings but other than that most of them would be fine

LOL!

Everyone vote for me, I'll give you cookies in return :D