Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton Groove Assistance Needed.

I solder the driver to the diode pins, then solder a a spring to driver and have it extend just past the battery stop on the inside. Battery will bottom out on the host and only apply a little pressure to the spring. Still adequate contact though.

The snap ring you need needle nose pliers with tiny ends. Or a snap ring tool. If you have a cheap set of pliers just grind the tips down and use that.

No idea about the anodizing.

I can't recall seeing many 405s. I just put an M140 with a Mohhgasm 1.8A linear in one tonight. 1.6W with a 3 element :)

Edit: Don't bottom out the lens in the focusing adapter or you wont get any sort of focus. I used a dab of epoxy on the lens nut threads and screwed it into the focusing adapter a couple turns. Let it harden so It wouldn't move then just screw it into the front.

You must have missed it.

IsaacT

Ah okay....I may try to get it just right so that when screwed all the way in it is at infinite focus. I like my hosts to stay looking sleek while focused.

I got lucky and there is a very small gap. If you want it to remain focused to infinity I would recommend screwing in the lens without the focusing adapter with a dab of epoxy on it. Once at the proper focus let it sit and harden. Then screw on the focusing adapter until it bottoms out. You end up with a fixed focus that wont move and that sleek look. You just lose any ability to adjust focus.

What the hell happened to my subscription to this thread??

Anyway, Isaac, I am using 3 element lenses on all of my single-modes now. I had to part with my G-2 lens. It's cool, because they all look very nice and balanced, and this collection isn't built for burning...though it does well. ~450mW w/ the 3 element lens.

I do not like the long spring method, personally, as I sheared off diode pins because of flexing. I build all of mine with a contact board with lots of soldered wire around the perimeter, lots of thermal silicone epoxy, and wire.

Omuoz2V.png

This method works very well for me, and I haven't killed a 3.8mm diode since adopting it. I'd rather mess with fitting a contact board in the tube than bending a wire spring while attached to my diode.
fIR86Qh.png

I like to set my focus knob as tightly as I can when at infinity. To do this, it's usually just lots of thread tape and adjustment after adjustment on threading until I get it just right.
This will certainly tell you if your modules or diodes aren't pressed perfectly!

Laik

I could tell the difference when i deanodized my kryton. I did it with some oven cleaner (mine puffed up when sprayed, but it doesn't matter). If you use something strong like oven cleaner/drain cleaner, you only need to leave it in their for about 2-3 minutes if you massage it/scrub it.I still haven't built mine yet because of finances.