Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Krypton Argon Ion Laser

lasingfox

gas lasers are the best things ever. :love:

This is my krypton argon named Tofu. i'll let the pictures speak for themselves

KRAR copy.jpgIMG_1542.jpgIMG_0654.jpg
If you're wondering how I got that super rich yellow, I used the HR from a regular argon to block the blues and all I get is 568nm and 647nm which make that really nice gold laser. It's way better in person because 568 is actually a yellow and not pure green like it shows on camera.
image0 (33).jpg
image2.jpg

it's definitely better in person. the camera ruins 568nm and a bunch of the argon lines.
Nice laser!
I've been working on some parts for a 561 nm module and find that the camera cannot properly record that wavelength. Others have noted that in the 570 nm range, the beams also come out green. After trying multiple cameras, I think it's just a weakness of CMOS sensor technology. I wonder if good ol' film might do the job better...

lasingfox

Nice laser!
I've been working on some parts for a 561 nm module and find that the camera cannot properly record that wavelength. Others have noted that in the 570 nm range, the beams also come out green. After trying multiple cameras, I think it's just a weakness of CMOS sensor technology. I wonder if good ol' film might do the job better...
ive found from about 540-570nm the stupid sensor just thinks hmMMMM aLl sAmE gReEn. i'd love to see how film works though.

Very nice, alway great to see mixed gas lasers get some love. Is it an Omnichrome?
Mine is very high hours so the 647nm only shows up on warm up.

lasingfox

Very nice, alway great to see mixed gas lasers get some love. Is it an Omnichrome?
Mine is very high hours so the 647nm only shows up on warm up.
yup its a melles griot 643 that was refurbished in 2011 and the hour meter was cleared and never started so i don't know the true hours. it sucks to see that yours is dying since there are so few of these out there. how many hours does yours have on it right now?

yup its a melles griot 643 that was refurbished in 2011 and the hour meter was cleared and never started so i don't know the true hours. it sucks to see that yours is dying since there are so few of these out there. how many hours does yours have on it right now?
I think mines got around 5660 hours on it now.

wack. do you know how hard it was run before you got it?
No idea. I got it from another member here, mariomaster, I doubt he ran it hard.
In the 4 years I've had it I've only put 80 hours on it.
I try to run it once every few month to keep the pressure from getting too high. Which reminds me that I should pull it out and give it a run as I haven't run it for a few months.

lasingfox

No idea. I got it from another member here, mariomaster, I doubt he ran it hard.
In the 4 years I've had it I've only put 80 hours on it.
I try to run it once every few month to keep the pressure from getting too high. Which reminds me that I should pull it out and give it a run as I haven't run it for a few months.
i run all my argon lasers for about 30-60 minutes monthly just to get max life outta them. if u run it consistently for a bit you might get the red line to appear more. one of my argons that was run at 10 amps for 2k hours and then left on a shelf for a couple years. when i got it barely wanted to start and i could only get 2 lines to lase but after running it daily for a bit i got more to come out.

Yeah, 568 is a weird color. It‘s a lot like 561, a funny yellow green color. My 643 does all the lines and I really love it. I haven’t run it in ages though. I should probably do that....lower optimal pressures tend to favor the yellow and red lines. I actually had to tune up the alignment on mine a while ago, as it wasn’t the greatest. It can be really hard to get it optimal. 5600 hours is alot, most of them get refilled by about that point In order to protect the tube.

That really is a nice, clean ArKr!
I'm only getting about 6 lines out of my 300wc, no meter on it so no idea of its hrs, green only shows briefly when power is turned up but fades fast. ☹
The Red/blues curse.
GL with yours! Look forward to updates.