Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Know any Proxy App's for bypassing school filters?

Re: Know any Proxy App's for bypassing school filt

mikeeey said:
well.. unfortunatly NONE of these worked. except jondo, i havnt tried yet.

HOWEVER, i found out that my school filter is actually software installed on the computer, called Altiris. I cant close it without entering a password, and the task manager is disabled by the Administrator. Command Prompt and the registry is also disabled. If i can find an alternative task manager that i can close the .exe, i think this will work.
...thinks about how to do this for a while...

diachi

mikeeey said:
well.. unfortunatly NONE of these worked. except jondo, i havnt tried yet.

HOWEVER, i found out that my school filter is actually software installed on the computer, called Altiris. I cant close it without entering a password, and the task manager is disabled by the Administrator. Command Prompt and the registry is also disabled. If i can find an alternative task manager that i can close the .exe, i think this will work.

I know how you can close it :D

Diachi said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1212106877/0#8 date=1212619104]well.. unfortunatly NONE of these worked. except jondo, i havnt tried yet.

I know how you can close it :D
[/quote]
how might I do that? do you know of a different task manager that doesnt require installing, just an exe that i run?

diachi

ok , go into notepad, then type 'taskkill /im altiris.exe' without the ' ' and save it as close.bat then go to the location where you saved it and open it ;)

mikeeey said:
yeah actually i was able to view the cache too, but there were lots of missing images and usually you can only view the main page, anything you try to click on is blocked lol.

Creative googling can get the lower pages of the lists on sites, without having to click any links. Like googling "website.com page 1" or other such things. There is almost always something you can type in to get the other pages of a particualr site to show up in google.

diachi

that pview.exe does not work on XP , just so you know :p