Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Knife thread.

yeah. but mine isn't stiff like firm stiff, its like i cannot retract the blade with one hand, and deploying it is really starting to hurt my thumb, so i think i might need to send it it.

I would try a little oil, mine can get very tough like that sometimes. One drop of gun oil in the switch and work it in. If it still is too hard to fire/retract after then it might need an adjustment. Microtech's repair service does great work but has a few weeks turnaround time I hear. Is this brand new or did you get it used? If it is a brand new knife you might consider just returning it for another example. The blade doesn't derail or misfire on you does it?

I would try a little oil, mine can get very tough like that sometimes. One drop of gun oil in the switch and work it in. If it still is too hard to fire/retract after then it might need an adjustment. Microtech's repair service does great work but has a few weeks turnaround time I hear. Is this brand new or did you get it used? If it is a brand new knife you might consider just returning it for another example. The blade doesn't derail or misfire on you does it?

no it works flawlessly, just incredibly stiff. brand new, out of the box today literally, so it might just need a little breaking in. if it isn't better after a week of breaking in and minor lubrication with mineral oil, ill have to send it in.

no it works flawlessly, just incredibly stiff. brand new, out of the box today literally, so it might just need a little breaking in. if it isn't better after a week of breaking in and minor lubrication with mineral oil, ill have to send it in.

I think it will break in for you. I do recommend you consider using Hoppe's oil though, gun oil is the best choice as it is designed to penetrate the metal and is the best quality oil you can use. Let me know how it is after the break-in you give it. :beer:

SANY0124_zpslibmqkgw.jpg

SANY0125_zpsmbjvjbqv.jpg

I think it will break in for you. I do recommend you consider using Hoppe's oil though, gun oil is the best choice as it is designed to penetrate the metal and is the best quality oil you can use. Let me know how it is after the break-in you give it. :beer:

sounds good! damn my thumb is sore though XD

i know its a bit of a necropost, but i had to:

i just got a very nice knife in the mail, a microtech ultratech tri grip satin tanto blade, its sick!

I love the looks on those microtech otf knives. have you seen the ultra tech with the red spear point blade? a true beauty

Update: Found an old photo of many of my other knives, but my collection has grown somewhat since then ;)

FB_IMG_1458018526623_zpsgltxwe0f.jpg

is that green balisong one of those 13" ones?

update time
BRS replicant
KSIz58Ul.jpg

Flytanium 51
PpWOn7Zl.jpg

flytanium 63
DAX5hLBl.jpg

and a few group shots
mjmjCXWl.jpg

lqGpCxnl.jpg

I have a massive interest in edged weapons. I have ten knives currently but im always looking for interesting knives, swords, any thing with a edge really. I am going to start taking apprentice knife making classes at a local knife smith who agreed to take me on. I love Damascus its so cool.

I have a massive interest in edged weapons. I have ten knives currently but im always looking for interesting knives, swords, any thing with a edge really. I am going to start taking apprentice knife making classes at a local knife smith who agreed to take me on. I love Damascus its so cool.

I got a tip for you to make a really cool and unique knife. you need a blade made from high carbon Damascus. since one of the steel bands is high in nickel content you can submerge it into a solution of ferric chloride with aqueous copper ions and the copper will plate onto the light colored bands in the steel leaving you with dark areas and copper areas it also boosts corrosion resistance and gives the blade antibacterial properties. similar to this
1maxMNZl.jpg

Last edited:
you can also do that with gold and silver I am told with Damascus. My old boss his father n law makes knives and made some really cool Damascus knives.

you can also do that with gold and silver I am told with Damascus. My old boss his father n law makes knives and made some really cool Damascus knives.

ferric chloride is much safer to handle than aqua regia I would not recommend gold plating other than gold leaf just because it is feasible does not make it a good idea i.e mercury or lead plating

The best looking damascus i have seen was chemically blued making it look similar to timascus the Vallottons do it the best

Last edited:
I love the looks on those microtech otf knives. have you seen the ultra tech with the red spear point blade? a true beauty

is that green balisong one of those 13" ones?

Yes it is. :)

bali_zpsr717mss4.jpg

Nice collection you have there. Yeah I have seen those microtech ultratech "Sith Lord" they are pretty cool, popular now. :beer:

Last edited:
Yes it is. :)

bali_zpsr717mss4.jpg

Nice collection you have there. Yeah I have seen those microtech ultratech "Sith Lord" they are pretty cool, popular now. :beer:

is it 7" handle 6" blade? i want to make one because they seem to be permanently out of production

is it 7" handle 6" blade? i want to make one because they seem to be permanently out of production

Yes, 7" handle 6" blade. The exact measurements are 17.6cm handle and 17cm blade. I measured the blade from the very bottom to tip. I got these about 10 years ago. :beer:

Last edited:
I don't own any knife but I am certainly interested in buying one. Does anyone know if these thing are allowed to ship by USPS?

I don't own any knife but I am certainly interested in buying one. Does anyone know if these thing are allowed to ship by USPS?

a knife? yeah, its alright to ship knives here. Make sure to check with your state laws, and call your local police office if you want more detail/an officers opinion. The knife i got is illegal in minnesota, so i called my local police and they said that they really don't care if i own it, as long as i'm not carrying it or getting into other trouble.

a knife? yeah, its alright to ship knives here. Make sure to check with your state laws, and call your local police office if you want more detail/an officers opinion. The knife i got is illegal in minnesota, so i called my local police and they said that they really don't care if i own it, as long as i'm not carrying it or getting into other trouble.

Thanks but what if I buy them oversea?