Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kiplay's at it again! This time - BluRay!

IgorT

Re: KipKay's at it again! This time - BluRay!

SenKat said:
Anyways folks, Catdog has a valid point - just like we are supposed to be nice to our forum members, not bash other forums, be kind, etc - I think it would be an excellent gesture of humanity to show a little mercy towards the guy that has brought so many people here to learn the PROPER (or at least better !) way to handle, respect, purchase, or make Lasers of all different types and wavelengths.

:D Yeah, this KipKay bashing has gotten a little out of hand here..

I think it's called group mentality or something like that.. You know, the thing that makes people go and lynch someone.. ;)

IgorT

rog8811 said:
....and a rapidly reducing bank balance, if you are anything like me

That's the ugly side of any addiction.. We just don't talk about it.. ;) Maybe it'll go away.. ::)

IgorT said:
[quote author=rog8811 link=1194391816/45#47 date=1194627105]....and a rapidly reducing bank balance, if you are anything like me

That's the ugly side of any addiction.. We just don't talk about it.. ;) Maybe it'll go away..
[/quote]

Haha Yeah right ;D

Jase

He should have like an option on his videos where he shows how to build a simple circuit for people with maybe some knowledge of electronics, like a simple phaser and a more advanced phaser.

offtopic(And yes my signature realy took 10min lol i got bored.)
Edit: Changed my signature

i know what you mean mate my laser died over a week and now it just glows red :'( mine was not a 9 volt at was normal hack for kips site what a waist of $22
spyrorocks said:
I foolishly followed his guide for a red burning laser dvd laser mod, and blew my diode :'(. Luckily, that guide is what got me interested in lasers :)

what threats am i running with 6v, 47ohm resistor, 47uF cap on the br diode? i cant fit a legit driver into my case. any suggestions?

Things

well i personally have nothing against the guy, infact i find some of his vids quite interesting, and as greg said, he has a very good speaking voice. The only thing that puts me off, is when people come to the forum and say "i want to do the kipkay minimag hack" or whatever it is, then they kill their diode, and come complaining to us, even though people have warned them that just using a resistor can kill your diode. a resistor and capacitor, maybe, but thats the thing, some of em say "well kipkay did it, so why can't i"