Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kipkay being a douche...

flock-sheep-apple-store-iphone5-1348365984l.gif

OMG...

I am guilty for owning an iPhone 4S, but after seeing the IR leakage (supposedly from a sapphire glass coating, I call BS) on the new phone, I wouldn't dare buy one. I take a tonne of pics and video with my camera, and I actually enjoy the quality I get from the movies.

iPhone 5 has been hampered by the major labour issues at FUXXCON, and I bet Apple's stock is going slide soon! The (crapple) maps issues, the iPhone dual band WIFI dropping, and IR problem = a major disaster for investors. More than 60% of Apples revenue comes from iPhone sales. Apple's days as a leader are over, plain and simple.

By moving into the prosumer market Apple neglected studios and pro-artisits that were benefitting from numerous professional products. MacPro and the 17" MBP lineup.

Apple has become so arrogant, they don't even listen to their own staff members. They "know better". I'm not sure if the think different applies to them anymore.

iSheep.... bahhhhhhhhhhhd joke.

Kind of ironic how the original drawing of those sheep was probably about the size of this forum's side-bar on my screen, but here it is, scanned to a photo larger than my entire 24" monitor's pixel resolution so that I may bask in the glory of the paper's texture and horizontal scrollbars.

Last edited:
It kinda looks something like this.
Haha, pretty much.

Nobody will ever explain the fascination with new "tablets" to me.

You have a $600 tablet which, in terms of performance can do only marginally better than a phone, and in terms of programming or any sort of "creation" can do exactly as a phone.

On the other hand, you can get a laptop for $600, or better yet a desktop for $600, which in terms of both performance and flexibility is so far ahead that it doesn't even manage to compare on any sort of chart.

So in what universe would I want to spend $600 on a half-computer that doesn't even have a freaking keyboard?

In not one, that's where.
There are infinite universes with infinite number of possibilities and not in one do I spend $600 on an tablet.

My entire gaming rig cost $500 3 years ago, f**k's sake.

iSheep.... bahhhhhhhhhhhd joke.
[OVER SIZE PIC found here]

Just a friendly heads up...
The normal acceptable size for pics on the forum
is 800 X 600 pixels so that images fit on everyone's
screens.

This image is more than double my screen width...:eek:
Resizing is generally easy to do...:beer:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Just a friendly heads up...
The normal acceptable size for pics on the forum
is 800 X 600 pixels so that images fit on everyone's
screens.

This image is more than double my screen width...:eek:
Resizing is generally easy to do...:beer:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

woops... I thought that it would be resized automatically on the forum.
fixed. I just made a link since the picture is too large.

That is insane!! The things people would spend cash on! Now, If he accidentally burned Elvis's face on it I may reconsider......:wtf:

Unfortunately , technology is not for everyone.
I for one use a tablet every day. I do not wish to carry a laptop for what I do on a daily basis, nor do I want to carry a full blown desktop. I will spend 600 on a device that does what I want it to do in a light weight package comfortably.

In this universe there is at least one.

Haha, pretty much.

Nobody will ever explain the fascination with new "tablets" to me.

You have a $600 tablet which, in terms of performance can do only marginally better than a phone, and in terms of programming or any sort of "creation" can do exactly as a phone.

On the other hand, you can get a laptop for $600, or better yet a desktop for $600, which in terms of both performance and flexibility is so far ahead that it doesn't even manage to compare on any sort of chart.

So in what universe would I want to spend $600 on a half-computer that doesn't even have a freaking keyboard?

In not one, that's where.
There are infinite universes with infinite number of possibilities and not in one do I spend $600 on an tablet.

My entire gaming rig cost $500 3 years ago, f**k's sake.

Lolvo

I commented on his original giveaway video of an S3 Arctic and a couple viewers were smart enough to ask me what better options there are :)

Fanboys' dishin' out some dough for that paperweight

Unfortunately , technology is not for everyone.
I for one use a tablet every day. I do not wish to carry a laptop for what I do on a daily basis, nor do I want to carry a full blown desktop. I will spend 600 on a device that does what I want it to do in a light weight package comfortably.

In this universe there is at least one.
Ah, finally somebody I can ask some questions, then.

So why a tablet, and not a higher-end phone? iPhones and newer Android devices are capable of whole lot every-day functionalities, including creating and editing Microsoft's Office documents like Word, Excel and others.

Not like resolution is falling behind any. You've got Sony Xperia S phone costing some maybe $350 average on eBay, with screen resolution of 720x1280, powered by 1.5 GHz Cortex A9 (dual core).

Or if you are extreme, there's some Motorola MAXX HD somethin'-somethin' or whatever, with almost 5" screen with 1920x1080 full HD resolution.

Both phones mentioned have a HDMI port on their sides, to which you can connect a TV or projector and display from there.

Best of all they fit in your pocket.

I understand that Tablet's may have better battery life, that true? Also you can't argue that bigger screen = better screen, but with portability thrown into the equation, it kinda evens out.

Unless there's personal preference in the game too, in that case I cannot question that and will respect your decision, unless it isn't so I'd really want to know what advantage does an average tablet have over average phone these days.

Well in my case specifically , I can't speak for others, I have my tablet synchronized with my products and I create orders as I go around to my clients and provide services and goods in real time. The view that I have and ease of that view is only achieved in the larger screen.

It would seem a bit silly to try and do that on my phone, I would look like a teenager texting with my friends instead of paying attention to the client. With the extra scrolling and pinching and zooming etc...

Battery life is great with the ipad, I've tried others that are terrible when it comes to this.

Without phones being subsidized by 2 year cell plans, some phones cost upwards of 400-600.00.

Ah, so that's why, yeah man that's cool, I agree with you completely.

Always good to have some extra perspective, which I often lack when it comes to tablet PCs. Thank you! I never thought of it that way.

About phones, well I'm scouting out eBay here and there, $400+ phones are usually high-end latest phones, and it's really not neccessary. Like I said, most expensive phone I'd ever buy if I had the money would be that $350 Xperia S. As I have noted in my other thread, right now I am really looking forward to buying Xperia U, which is $220 (and heck, even that is expensive a little for me, but I'll stretch it).