Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kind of new

Welcome. Be yourself and everything will be aligned.
Don't be defensive. The members who attack you for no reason are the ones to avoid.
Finally, enjoy the collective knowledge of this forum.

Jaseth

Don't be defensive. The members who attack you for no reason are the ones to avoid.
Don't start that crap here Jay, let it go NOW. I have been trying to defend you lately but if you have to spread small pathetic messages across the forum I am not going to try any more. Changing from aggressive defensive to whining does not solve anything.
If you just forget it and start anew, like we were all supposed to, you will do fine here.

To OP: Sorry about that,
Welcome to the forum :) Have you got a some of info about who you are to tell? It's always nice to know people by a little introductory story.

Seb

Don't start that crap here Jay, let it go NOW. I have been trying to defend you lately but if you have to spread small pathetic messages across the forum I am not going to try any more. Changing from aggressive defensive to whining does not solve anything.
If you just forget it and start anew, like we were all supposed to, you will do fine here.

To OP: Sorry about that,
Welcome to the forum :) Have you got a some of info about who you are to tell? It's always nice to know people by a little introductory story.

Seb

I wasn't poking any fingers to anyone in particular. I already moved on... seems you should too? Thanks for "trying to defend" me. I haven't come across those posts yet but I could use some good rep if you have a spare point. I'll remove the ignore thingy on ya.

I wasn't poking any fingers to anyone in particular. I already moved on... seems you should too? Thanks for "trying to defend" me. I haven't come across those posts yet but I could use some good rep if you have a spare point. I'll remove the ignore thingy on ya.

*sigh* when will you ever learn *shaking head from side to side* If I see another comment about this ur getting a -rep.. i have been patient but all I see is ur crap everywhere! try to pretend nothing happened and don't bring anything up about who was involved or about how it was delt with again.. ok?? Its just fustrating how a new members thread gets all this crap put on it.. its just not fair for him!!

Welcome to the forum JayDoug!! be prepared for ALOT of reading and probably alot more reading after that! As others have said this is an addictive hobby, and can be quite expensive if you don't get it right the first time! So to save you time, effort and money please read up and do as much research as you can before u jump into your first build... I know you will any way! Welcome to the forum and have a great time!

-Adrian

Last edited:
*sigh* when will you ever learn *shaking head from side to side* If I see another comment about this ur getting a -rep.. i have been patient but all I see is ur crap everywhere! try to pretend nothing happened and don't bring anything up about who was involved or about how it was delt with again.. ok?? Its just fustrating how a new members thread gets all this crap put on it.. its just not fair for him!!

Welcome to the forum JayDoug!! be prepared for ALOT of reading and probably alot more reading after that! As others have said this is an addictive hobby, and can be quite expensive if you don't get it right the first time! So to save you time, effort and money please read up and do as much research as you can before u jump into your first build... I know you will any way! Welcome to the forum and have a great time!

-Adrian

Please note that I wasn't pointing any fingers to anyone in particular. Jaseth felt his name was in there somewhere. Go ahead and get pissed. I couldn't care any less to be honest. I'm Tech Junkie Jr.

You may not care, but don't you think that the author of this thread might? This is called thread jacking! I don't want to argue with you.. so I won't. If you don't have enough desency to respect the author of the thread, then go right ahead and whine all you want.. you said you want some positive rep.. this sure isn't the way to go about it!

You may not care, but don't you think that the author of this thread might? This is called thread jacking! I don't want to argue with you.. so I won't. If you don't have enough desency to respect the author of the thread, then go right ahead and whine all you want.. you said you want some positive rep.. this sure isn't the way to go about it!

Just shut the hell up for once and maybe everyone else will. YOU EVER THINK OF THAT GENIUS? STFU!

Last edited:

I dont see whats wrong with what he said. All forums have jerks for members. I think its good advice. I dont mind what you guys write on my thread... its all open territory. Unless thats different here. You seem to hate this guy because hes brutally honest.

But anyway my favorite color is yellow but theyre to much money :cryyy:

Jaseth

Hey Jay (the crazy one), I didn't think you were poking fingers at me, it just seems like an odd, whining statement to welcome someone with making it sound like you never did anything wrong and people just jumped at you outta nowhere.. Yeah sure TJ can be a pain but it's what he does here, by far the most members just think he is funny cause he is always messing around, and the fact that he the contributes very well on the side means that he is generally liked. Just cheer up, stop taking stuff so seriously. Even if you feel that we are all in the wrong and you have done nothing to deserve being "ganged up on", try to just say "Sorry guys, let's start over :)" and then COMPLETELY ignore anyone who tries to mess with you. Writing "I'm ignoring you", "Too bad I can't read what you write", "Grow on and stop stalking me", really just means that you are not ignoring it at all and have not forgotten about it. If you were over it you wouldn't even think to mention it.

JayDoug: Nope, we don't hate this guy because he is "honest", there was just a bad start where CJ got worked up about some language use, a few other members thought it was funny/pathetic and messed with him, he felt he was ganged up on and got even more angry and since then there has been some tension..
Really not a big deal at all and I wish we could get past it.
This forum is a lovely place full of brilliant knowledge and great people.

Yellow lasers are indeed great, but very expensive even for low power units.. but did you know that combining red and green makes yellow? Try to read up on this and also "dichro mirrors". You could make a "fake", very powerful yellow for not a lot of money :)
Personally my favourite colour is what we call "true" blue, the 473nm wavelength. We call it the "true" because many people new to the hobby think blu-ray lasers are blue because of the marketing name, while they are actually violet, 405nm.

473nm is really a beautiful colour..

Seb

welcome to the forum, just read the rules first before you proceed. use the search button if you need to. check the Buy and trade section and the laser pro shop. any more questions just feel free to ask me tru PM.. i will try my best to assist you..

Hi everyone

welcome.gif
to the Forum...

Maybe you should only start reading from Post #12 on...:crackup:
There is drama here once in a while....
You haven't been here long enough to really understand the
underlying meaning of what was posted above...
It will become clear the more you read the Threads on the Forum..:cool:

For now... just enjoy the Forum...

BTW... bananas are yellow and not too expensive...
:oops:.... I bet you were talking about Lasers...:D

Jerry

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

ye lol. Welcome.

@crazy jay, jaseth...: why you have to ruin the welcome thread of this poor guy? Just ignore each other :S

Jaseth

But.. he started :cryyy:
Nah I'm kidding, sorry about that :p I did attempt to contribute a bit as well.

Bottom line is.. Welcome JayDoug, I bet you will love it here! If you search and read and still can't find what you are looking for, there are many many helpful people here who can guide you in the right direction and/or answer your questions :)
And you should really try combining red (650nm) and green (532nm) for some lovely, cheap yellow..

Seb

Hey there JayDoug. Welcome to LPF. Sorry your thread got hijacked. We are just one big happy soap opera family around here...:crackup:

Don't let the occasional chaos and discord get to you. There are far more nice members here than annoying little trolls.

Anyway... welcome to the family!:beer: