Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kind of new

csa1

hi, time to introduce myself , first just looking around this site , wondering whats discussed and builded , my name is carl and like electronics ,optics, in my freetime ham radio operator with a morse tick...:wave: already working on a lighting experiment with green and red laser, just looking to see whats happening here on this site , and learning every day .......soon i will bring some idea,s for experimenting...

@crazy jay, jaseth...: why you have to ruin the welcome thread of this poor guy?

My point exactly!! and I got a neg rep from jay... First time I spoke to him as well

hi, time to introduce myself , first just looking around this site , wondering whats discussed and builded , my name is carl and like electronics ,optics, in my freetime ham radio operator with a morse tick... already working on a lighting experiment with green and red laser, just looking to see whats happening here on this site , and learning every day .......soon i will bring some idea,s for experimenting...

Welcome to the forum my friend! This is going to be an addictive hobby, I hope you will love! -Adrian

hi, time to introduce myself , first just looking around this site , wondering whats discussed and builded , my name is carl and like electronics ,optics, in my freetime ham radio operator with a morse tick...:wave: already working on a lighting experiment with green and red laser, just looking to see whats happening here on this site , and learning every day .......soon i will bring some idea,s for experimenting...

Hey there csa1! Welcome to LPF.

Hey Jay (the crazy one), I didn't think you were poking fingers at me, it just seems like an odd, whining statement to welcome someone with making it sound like you never did anything wrong and people just jumped at you outta nowhere.. Yeah sure TJ can be a pain but it's what he does here, by far the most members just think he is funny cause he is always messing around, and the fact that he the contributes very well on the side means that he is generally liked. Just cheer up, stop taking stuff so seriously. Even if you feel that we are all in the wrong and you have done nothing to deserve being "ganged up on", try to just say "Sorry guys, let's start over :)" and then COMPLETELY ignore anyone who tries to mess with you. Writing "I'm ignoring you", "Too bad I can't read what you write", "Grow on and stop stalking me", really just means that you are not ignoring it at all and have not forgotten about it. If you were over it you wouldn't even think to mention it.

JayDoug: Nope, we don't hate this guy because he is "honest", there was just a bad start where CJ got worked up about some language use, a few other members thought it was funny/pathetic and messed with him, he felt he was ganged up on and got even more angry and since then there has been some tension..
Really not a big deal at all and I wish we could get past it.
This forum is a lovely place full of brilliant knowledge and great people.

Yellow lasers are indeed great, but very expensive even for low power units.. but did you know that combining red and green makes yellow? Try to read up on this and also "dichro mirrors". You could make a "fake", very powerful yellow for not a lot of money :)
Personally my favourite colour is what we call "true" blue, the 473nm wavelength. We call it the "true" because many people new to the hobby think blu-ray lasers are blue because of the marketing name, while they are actually violet, 405nm.

473nm is really a beautiful colour..

Seb

Hey Jaseth, hows it going? I love all of the laser colors. I can't wait for the green diode to come out.

Hey Jaseth, hows it going? I love all of the laser colors. I can't wait for the green diode to come out.

That'll be awesome... I figure once laser projectors and TV's start becoming more popular or the HVD storage discs finally take off green diodes will be a commonplace item.. Until then we can only wait and drool.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you learn a bunch of info about this hobby and avoid social drama whenever possible.

Jaseth

Great thanks! I finished my exam on legal methodology Thursday night and now have a week of holidays!
Neither can I! Imagine when they start being mass-produced to put in laser TVs, laser cinemas and so on.. with no more fragile and inefficient crystals we might get to see ~500mW handheld greenies for only a bit more than a similar power red within a few years. We might even see the development of a true blue diode! I hope they manage to create one close to 473nm as that is my favourite colour :)

Seb

Excellent Jaseth.
I know that you guys and myself are dieing to get the first green diodes. JayDoug you will love it.