Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Killer deal on USB spectrometer! (update: legitimate!)

Re: Killer deal on USB spectrometer!

I will not be buying their product.
I had a bad experience with their PayPal transaction and the system had tied up my money for over a month.

The problem wasn't the price, it was only $70 USD plus $29 shipping.
The problem was that I tried multiple times to purchase and their system told me their was a problem processing my order through PayPal and to try again.
So I did, a few times in fact, but what was happening was that each time I tried, unbeknownst to me, they would lock up my funds each time I tried.
So it didn't look as though it was a successful transaction but my funds were being held up, multiple times.
I wasn't aware until I stoped trying (with my various CCs on my Paypal) that each time I tried, they had held my funds but no transaction was recorded.

I had never seen this before and when I contacted both my CC banks and Paypal, each one told me that it was the vendor that was holding the funds.
I contacted the vendor and he denied ever seeing the orders or the funds.
I was forced to put a reversal through my CC banks as PayPal was telling me that the vendor was lying to me and that they had my funds.

Unbelievable !!!!

Eventually after 4 weeks, with all my CC funds being held as pending, they all reversed one day and soon after the vendor stopped responding to me emails.
I am not willing to try it again, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and just say it was a weird glitch but PayPal was sure that they were not telling me the truth so be aware and proceed with caution.

RB

:yh:

That's very good to know. I myself have only had one negative experience
With an online store from Shenzhen, and one laser store (olike).
The store in Shenzhen knowingly sold a counterfeit ocilloscope
to me and shipped it in a plastic bag. The items screen broke and then
Vendor played games with me to refund my money. When I read them the riot act they simply ignored my mail.
PayPal stepped in and charged the vendor, I kept the item and got all money back. Olike experience was different and was dishonest for selling my customer data to other vendors. They spammed via email and through skype.

That's very good to know. I myself have only had one negative experience
With an online store from Shenzhen
, and one laser store (olike).
The store in Shenzhen knowingly sold a counterfeit ocilloscope
to me and shipped it in a plastic bag. The items screen broke and then
Vendor played games with me to refund my money. When I read them the riot act they simply ignored my mail.
PayPal stepped in and charged the vendor, I kept the item and got all money back. Olike experience was different and was dishonest for selling my customer data to other vendors. They spammed via email and through skype.
Not sure if you think the Spectrometer seller is from Shenzhen...
He is actually selling from France.;)

Jerry

Last edited:

Yes it certainly is.....:beer:

Jerry

Last edited:

Sta

Although it was sent out a month late - and they lied the whole way through - I did receive my spectrometer today, and it has exceeded all of my expectations. After setting the calibration points to 473 and 633, it correctly identified all of my DPSS wavelengths to within 1nm. I'll have more information in the next few days, but this spectrometer is looking promising! :)

Sta

Euphonious, remember that you need two good calibration wavelengths, ideally far apart on the spectrum. DPSS and gas work best, as they're very consistent - I used 473 and 633 for mine.

On another note, I did another test and found that this wonderful device picked up all of my argon lines, and measured them correctly to within 1 nanometer. It's an impressive piece of technology! :D

Euphonious, remember that you need two good calibration wavelengths, ideally far apart on the spectrum. DPSS and gas work best, as they're very consistent - I used 473 and 633 for mine.

On another note, I did another test and found that this wonderful device picked up all of my argon lines, and measured them correctly to within 1 nanometer. It's an impressive piece of technology! :D
Hope your not pulling our leg lol. :drool:

Sta

Hope your not pulling our leg lol. :drool:

I'm not! :D

5YWF3eE.png

Not sure if you think the Spectrometer seller is from Shenzhen...
He is actually selling from France.;)

Jerry

I was reffering to a completely different vendor and an unrelated product.
An eBay experience.

What I need most right now is one which can measure near IR for DPSS projects.

That would be great, If anyone would try to measure the output of a 808nm laser diode with this unit as a test, please do.