Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kenbarrel open can 270+mW laser build photos

Milos

Very nice - Good job guys! Barrel looks pretty hot!!!!

drlava

Kenom said:
You can find these at most hardware stores. Just find one that is slightly...

Kenom, does your local hardware store have any? They'd be less than a dollar and would save some trouble. If not, they may have to be purchased online.

Toked, no, it's similar (uses the same principles), but not the same.

Gazoo

Very nice DrLava...I am glad you got "into" open cans.... ;D The barrel looks great, but I will be using mine for a blu-ray as I am doing the MXDL mod with my "hot" open can diode. I agree the picture does not do the beam justice. I was comparing my SenTorch against my open can and the open can beam looks tighter. I know the SenTorch also uses a glass lens. It's hard to explain but I think the beam specs of the open cans are better than closed can diodes. I sure wish we could find a data sheet for open cans.

Amnizu

I totally bought this from the good doctor. It should be here within a week.

Amnizu

I paid 200, 208 with shipping. He does have plans to build and sell more with this special driver, so you'll have to wait unfortunately, but I have a feeling it'll be well worth it.

I got my snap ring at a local auto store.  I think it is the 3/4 " interior snap ring - not exterior and I got 3 sizes to find what fits best. Snap ring pliers work good for me on this. I shortened the battery spring by ~0.200" to relieve pressure.  The "wings" on the switch may need to be opened a bit for good contact.  
Mine is AA++ fit all the way.

Mike