Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Keeping my 2.8W 532?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
You're right. All ground breaking ideas were hard and seemed potentially crazy and first. :p

Last edited:

Well folks, I've decided to take down my listing and hang on to my 2.5W 532 unit. Why? Well it's mainly it's uniqueness that makes me want to keep it! :) Dunno when I'll ever need this for a real life application but it sure looks cool in my room!

-Alex

Last edited:

Vision

Well folks, I've decided to take down my listing and hang on to my 2.5W 532 unit. Why? Well it's mainly it's uniqueness that makes me want to keep it! :) Dunno when I'll ever need this for a real life application but it sure looks cool in my room!

-Alex

We all know your agenda. :na:

4AQng3o.jpg

Last edited:

BobMc

-Alex

:thanks: because I was thinking of making you a serious offer for your unit, so you just kept more money in my pocket and for that my wallet says :thanks: enjoy that puppie, I know I would have . :)

diachi

-Alex

Build a laser projector! :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Would you need fog? :p
To balance you would need 5-6W of 450 and 6-7W of 635. A <16W projector. I think that would make a pretty extreme show of beams. :D

Last edited:

diachi

Would you need fog? :p
To balance you would need 5-6W of 450 and 6-7W of 635. A <16W projector. I think that would make a pretty extreme show of beams. :D

You could certainly do without fog, just more impressive with a little bit used. :p

Yep, that'd make for a beefy RGB. You'd also probably want to stick a telescope on the 532 to up the beam diameter, otherwise you end up with a thin green beam in the middle of a fat combined R/B beam, which doesn't look that great. At least not close up. :beer:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Oh definitely. Just looked up 15W+ RGB's for fun on YouTube. Even more impressive with fog.
As for the beam diameter, expanding the 532, would make for a much cleaner combination. :beer: