Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Keeping my 2.8W 532?

Hello folks,

As most of you know I purchased a 2.8W 532 awhile ago but have had a pretty hard time trying to sell it on eBay or the forums. While it would be great to sell and use the funds for a trip or something, 2.8W's of 532 in a lab format isn't something many hobbyists every get to see, much less own! I ask you whether to keep trying to sell it, or hold on to it for the time being?

-Alex

I'd say keep it up for sale, but keep the price up as well. It will probably take a while to sell so you can still use it in the mean time. And if someone is willing to pay for it, then sell it and use the money for that trip:)

I'd say keep it up for sale, but keep the price up as well. It will probably take a while to sell so you can still use it in the mean time. And if someone is willing to pay for it, then sell it and use the money for that trip:)

Well the funds would probably go to buying a ticket to see family in Europe this summer. I appreciate your input Lildutchboy7, I'll see what others say :)

-Alex

BobMc

I'm a keep it guy, 2.8 watts of 532 is just awesome. It's a real show stopper. But if you can sell it and need the money, oh well, you can always get another. May I suggest you take lots of beam shots before you sell it, so you have something to remember? :thinking:

Last edited:

Razako

I'd say just keep it listed on ebay at a decent price and wait. If nobody ever buys it then you get to keep it. Stuff like this is hard to move because it's expensive and only appeals to a niche market.

Look no further than the 671nm labby I'm trying to sell. I have it at a very fair price and it just sits there. I could try selling it on ebay, but then ebay will gobble up a bunch of my money through fees.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/selling-100mw-150mw-peak-671nm-lab-laser-96715.html

Encap

Hello folks,

As most of you know I purchased a 2.8W 532 awhile ago but have had a pretty hard time trying to sell it on eBay or the forums. While it would be great to sell and use the funds for a trip or something, 2.8W's of 532 in a lab format isn't something many hobbyists every get to see, much less own! I ask you whether to keep trying to sell it, or hold on to it for the time being?

-Alex
Unusual question?
Is up to you, entirely.
Your selling or keeping can't actually matter/mean anything to anyone else.
Do whatever you think best meets your particular predilections, needs, and circumstances.

I think it is as Alaskan said in the thread where you were going to sell it after having it only one week---would take long time to sell unless trying to sell it for maybe $600 or so. I would suggest you keep trying to sell it on ebay until at least you get an offer --then you have a real situation/choice--can decide to take the offer or not.

Unusual question?
Is up to you, entirely.
Your selling or keeping can't actually matter/mean anything to anyone else.
Do whatever you think best meets your particular predilections, needs, and circumstances.

I think it is as Alaskan said in the thread where you were going to sell it after having it only one week---would take long time to sell unless trying to sell it for maybe $600 or so. I would suggest you keep trying to sell it on ebay until at least you get an offer --then you have a real situation/choice--can decide to take the offer or not.

I'd say just keep it listed on ebay at a decent price and wait. If nobody ever buys it then you get to keep it. Stuff like this is hard to move because it's expensive and only appeals to a niche market.

Look no further than the 671nm labby I'm trying to sell. I have it at a very fair price and it just sits there. I could try selling it on ebay, but then ebay will gobble up a bunch of my money through fees.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/selling-100mw-150mw-peak-671nm-lab-laser-96715.html

I'm a keep it guy, 2.8 watts of 532 is just awesome. It's a real show stopper. But if you can sell it and need the money, oh well, you can always get another. May I suggest you take lots of beam shots before you sell it, so you have something to remember? :thinking:

Okay :yh:

-Alex

BobMc

Question, if someone's was to buy this, how hard and how expensive would it be, to get it put in a handheld? Thoughts.? :thinking:

Or would that even be possible ?

Last edited:
Question, if someone's was to buy this, how hard and how expensive would it be, to get it put in a handheld? Thoughts.? :thinking:

2.8W's of 532nm wouldn't last very long in a handheld :D

-Alex

Encap

You can check the dimensions of the Mxl-F-532 module and the PSU-H-OEM power supply for yourself here : http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/MGL-F-532.pdf

Where there is a will there is a way.
Whether it would be practical and acceptable to anyone or not is another story---you probably could mount the module on something hand held maybe a rifle like two handed affiair with PSU and battery for it + the analog trigger 5V source in a backpack. Would take a bit of doing and probably ruin the value as a lab type unit with any modifications.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Alex, keep the laser. I seriously wanted to take that off your hands but simply cannot afford to do so. Even at your prices. :p If you do sell it, I don't want you being ripped off.
It is a very unique power level for 532 that many people would envy. :beer:

Last edited:

BobMc

You can check the dimensions of the Mxl-F-532 module and the PSU-H-OEM power supply for yourself here : http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/MGL-F-532.pdf

Where there is a will there is a way.
Whether it would be practical and acceptable to anyone or not is another story---you probably could mount the module on something hand held maybe a rifle like two handed affiair with PSU and battery for it + the analog trigger 5V source in a backpack. Would take a bit of doing and probably ruin the value as a lab type unit with any modifications.

Thanks for responding and the link. True, " where theirs a will theirs a way." To supply the required power steadily, seems to be the problem, you'd need something on the larger side. ?? But it was a fun thought ?? Not to worried about ruining the value, it just a fun project to see of it could be done. And to have 2.8 of 532 in a hand held would be something special. I already have 2.8 of 520 ( it's a Rick Trent dual diode build) would like to see the difference. :thanks: again. :)

Ps. Was hoping someone had already done it and would chime in. :)

Last edited: