Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just wondering if there is anyone that could help...

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone (preferable in Australia) could help me out...

Long story short... I am right handed, but due to a workplace accident last year, I lost my right arm just below my elbow ... so...

I am in the process of building a 1W 445nm and as far as soldering and such I am fine with wire to wire or wire to driver boards and components and such, but I lack the fine motor skills with my Left hand in order to attach wires to a LD... (as I discovered attempting a 405nm build) so I was wondering if someone could lend me a "HAND" :yh: and solder some wires onto a 445 for me???

Any help would be appreciated...

Lase

Where in Australia are you? There are a few Australian members and one may live close to you.

Lase

Thanks... Definately looks like something worth investing in... Even if just for other solder work... though must say I'm getting skilled at holding the solder (lead free of course) with my mouth... lol.

And I live in S.E. Melbourne

Last edited:

Things

Hehe, lead free solder is kind of a pain to work with in the first place!

Anyway, there are a heap of members around Australia, let us know whereabouts you are and I'm sure someone could help.

AUS

Hi Mate, I'm up in Albury but get to Melbourne occasionally.

If you REALLY get stuck you can ship everything up here and I could solder it up and send it back. But I think if you get the type of thing Jeffery said above might help and you should be able to solder yourself using it - Jaycar has them in Australia.

You can get solder spools as well that may help. You position it ready to go and then push the spool towards the job to feed solder. I have soldered holding the iron and solder in one hand before, it is possible especially on smaller jobs where you don't use a lot of solder. You can also tin wires and things with heaps of solder first and then you may not need any extra on it.

sinner

From the License plate of your Mits Evolution i suppose you're from Melbourne, Victoria..!! There must a few more members out there in melbourne..