Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just won a free laser... wich one should i choose

I understand a 5mW 445nm is rare... but what would it be good for besides pointing? Can't burn, no beam, not a rare wavelength

Last edited:
I understand a 5mW 445nm is rare... but what would it be good for besides pointing? Can't burn, no beam...

It can be safely used anywhere without safety equipment if it is truly under 5mw. Good for explaining lasers to new people without having to worry about them accidentally blinding themselves or others.

It can be safely used anywhere without safety equipment if it is truly under 5mw. Good for explaining lasers to new people without having to worry about them accidentally blinding themselves or others.

Exactly. A 445nm laser that you can wave around and not worry. Most people have seen a red toy laser, some have seen green, but almost nobody has seen a blue. The amazing factor of that wavelength is pretty cool.

Along those lines I still HAVE to get my hands on a 473nm and a 589nm no matter the output XD

I went for the Nexus :)

That it contains a CNI module did it for me.
Super tight beam spec aswell, and a nice host overall.

Thank you all for your input, now the waiting begins.

But if i had the choise for two ^^ the 445 would be my second for sure!

I went for the Nexus :)

That it contains a CNI module did it for me.
Super tight beam spec aswell, and a nice host overall.

Thank you all for your input, now the waiting begins.

But if i had the choise for two ^^ the 445 would be my second for sure!
Good choice :p

Maybe he will pop up a few pics once he gets the laser. I'd like to see it in action.

catman

I'm with most people on the 5mW blue, especially if it really is 5mW.

Even if you actually want some other color you could sell the blue one and buy the other one and maybe even make a bit of a profit.

I recieved a laser today from them... but i guess it's not the one i picked from the contest... so what is it ? looks kinda like my WL core but this has a ir filter and does >100mW

It's very cool nonetheless :)

Cu3DBp1.jpg

3VAeIwe.jpg

DDfKCEA.jpg

xuZHz0F.jpg

ByBjLLx.jpg

Cheers, Sm.

Lol, why bother having you select what laser you want when they just send you a random one of their own choosing. That makes loads of sense. That being said, it looks cool and it was free so it wouldn't make much sense to complain.

It looks like the beam exits the aperture at a slight angle. Is that just the picture?

Last edited:
Lol, why bother having you select what laser you want when they just send you a random one of their own choosing. That makes loads of sense. That being said, it looks cool and it was free so it wouldn't make much sense to complain.

It looks like the beam exits the aperture at a slight angle. Is that just the picture?

The beam is fine :)

I think this is one of there classic lasers wich makes it even nicer sinds it's a collectors piece..

It peaks at 130mW with rechargable aaa batteries, i wonder wat it will do with normal aaa's :)

Does anyone know what laser this is ?
Very little info about it.... something phoenix, couse of the flames.
I believe this goes with one of those dragon laser cases they had.

487997_324739137626397_1691608540_n.jpg

555958_324748007625510_1053253500_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh yes, i had confirmation that it is indeed The Phoenix :)

:thanks:

Signature Series:
Phoenix Sig (the one i got)
Nexus Sig

Last edited:

Encap

Nice catch!

A collectible laser pointer!

Really nice--especially for the price paid.