Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Just had to!

BobMc

Wut? Sanwu has stopped their RGB host? How could I miss it? Does it mean I'm wishing something what will not exist? :undecided:

BTW: That flashlight is absolutely crazy. That put my 1700 lumen into candle region. Incredible power...

No, no, no. I meant Sanwu is being mean nasty and ugly making us wait. :D About ready to write my congressman. :crackup:

Should have inserted the word “yet”. Sorry for the rise in blood pressure. :oops:

ps, Yep your wimpy 1700 lumens needs a highchair. :)

Last edited:

dden4012

Bob, I’m trying to be good and your not helping here. I’m glad it’s $400 because that will take longer to rationalize that I need this....for my mountain bike...where’s my wallet...

BobMc

Bob, I’m trying to be good and your not helping here. I’m glad it’s $400 because that will take longer to rationalize that I need this....for my mountain bike...where’s my wallet...
Sorry dden, Mom said I was a difficult birth. Things haven’t got any better. :crackup:

But if it helps, since you live in Florida, there’s no shipping charge. You can get the light, no accessory for 320.00, I think. Not much help am I? :D

Last edited:

BobMc

Where are Beamshots Bob?!! :D :D
Wow! Perfect timing, I just got home and am charging the batteries. Hopefully within the next week or less. It’s one awesome looking flashlight. Grab some :pop: and kick back and get ready for a show. :)

RB astro

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow! Perfect timing
Tero, Bob was just waiting for someone to bump his thread.
He didn't want to double post. :crackup:
I just got home and am charging the batteries. Hopefully within the next week or less.
How long does it take to charge them? :undecided: :na:

Ok, Bob, as if I haven't got enough temptation to spend my hard earned money on, along comes you with this awesome looking gadget that I don't need but would love to have. :(

Thanks for the heads up buddy, can't wait for your pics.

RB
:wave:

steve001

Well, I’ve been behaving myself and haven't spent any money on laser(s) in quite a bit. (Because Sanwu won’t release their RGB) . Yep, I’m blaming it on Sanwu! :crackup: So I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, so when I saw this, I had to break down and pop for one.
An upgrade Bob.
Adventure Sports. New flashlight maybe.

https://youtu.be/cVKoVZkkCtk

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Can't wait to see your photos, Bob; I've got the popcorn popping!
I hope you don't get any unannounced visits from the FAA, or any planes trying to land in your backyard. :D

Wow, it looks like they've got upgrades for that monster already, thanks for that link, steve.:yh:

ArcticDude

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow! Perfect timing, I just got home and am charging the batteries. Hopefully within the next week or less. It’s one awesome looking flashlight. Grab some :pop: and kick back and get ready for a show. :)
Tero, Bob was just waiting for someone to bump his thread.
He didn't want to double post. :crackup:

How long does it take to charge them? :undecided: :na:
Yup,
Bob.. if you have trouble to recharge the batteries, you can always send that "tiny" flashlight over here.. :whistle:

Last edited:

RB astro

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bob, I hope those batteries you have on charge aren't UltraFires.

:crackup: :whistle: :D

Ultracrepidarian

Daang! Nice light house my guy.
Just yesterday I finally picked up a TN42 from Thrunite, Have been wanting it for a while now but the price has been holding me back. Now seeing how much you spent on your little toy I don't feel so guilty anymore. :crackup:

Ultracrepidarian

I got mine from amazon its cheaper there especially if you have prime:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L75AINK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I watched tons of reviews on youtube about TN42, Ace beam K70 is about the same as TN42 with a tiny bit less range.

Olight M7 is pretty awesome on its own, X-45 looks awesome but the high modes probably kill the batteries in minutes, both are pretty much flood lights.
I have a TN30 floodlight but I don't have a thrower so that's why I went with TN42.

If you want a mix of both flood and throw this light looks like a great contender: https://www.amazon.com/ThruNite-Flashlight-Lumens-Adopted-Thrower/dp/B01MEHKWA9/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1527579151&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=Thrunite+tn42

Last edited:

RedCowboy

That TN-40S looks like a good balance of throw and flood, really flood is useful but a long throw is so cool, I still think I can get a bit more, that Imalent DX-80 looks like fun.

Watch this short clip, I wonder how much is radiant/waste heat and how much is photons ?

Last edited: