Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just got my Wicked Laser Krypton (520nm)

My favorite ... pfiew ... hard to say :D i like them all really (not just WL, but in general)

The JL thingy is not a JL... it's a Photonic Disruptor Pro from 2009..
Waterproof up to 50 meters, rated 100mW but does >150

The older models like executive, or advanced, or whatever in that ara, are needle thin ..
There source was CNI at the time.

X8xHyGS.jpg

Cool! Two questions:

1. Are they insured thru some policy?
2. Have you ever had one fail throught the years?

Last edited:

Cool! Two questions:

1. Are they insured thru some policy?
2. Have you ever had one fail throught the years?

Most of them are purchased from individuals (wich i thank every day)

Not following you on ''insured #1''
(with the new management, it has to be seen how good there waranty is)
*still waiting on my ticket, myself*

And sure i had some problems.
There aint no laser company that produces all there units in perfect shape.

The only flaw i see in them is back when they first launched the Arctic 1W, and there latest Nano series handhelds that have front caps that are very loose.
(all other things aside)

Nothing really failed, as in ''not working anymore''

I have lasers from them dating back from 2004 and still work.

Now i would love that new krypton 520nm...
Price is too high ... :(

But in combination with all the add ons you can get.... it's a host that will not loose it's magic soon.

*About the JL thigy .... i think you mean that Polished S3 host.... it is what it is .. a Polished S3..
There's a 635nm diode in it, changed LED's on the PCB to white, same as the Smartswitch... and housing Edmund optics lens, custom safetypin in tailcap etc..
It's a complete S3 overhaul .. one of a kind.

Last edited:
So...if I'm actually happy with my WL Krypton...I'm just deluding myself?? :)

Yes, the host is big...but 900mW is also a bit of power. I had an earlier Krypton with only 150mW output and that host's size was certainly overkill. Are the other Class 4 laser hosts much smaller? I hold my new Krypton with both hands (when outside and no goggles) cuz I don't want it to get away from me and hurt me or another person miles away.

My next laser will probably be a Jetlaser PL-E except that i don't like the momentary switch. They scare me. That's why I sold my Optotronics 125mW greenie...too easy to activate.
There are actually smaller hosts than WL.
Check survival lasers- SL GX as it reaches 1.1W of green light! And over 4.9W of blue light. And it's only 5 inches to sum it up. But idk if it's true because I didn't see any power tests but it seems legit check this video of it in action.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JOZkMm1Q5Lo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N2gLcBuKhCg

Last edited:

APEX1

edslittleworld, you don't have to quote his picture when your right under the post! It takes up a lot of room on the thread lol

smeerworst...I was lusting after that polished S3 host. What a looker (I love machining).

What I mean is like insurance against theft, fire, etc. I have firearms insurance both thru the NRA and my home policy. Will a home policy cover lasers?

Also, I had to ask about reliability because lasers may be the perfect hobby. I also like guns, but you gotta feed 'em with bullets, drive out to the range, clean them, maintain them, etc. Lasers? Just a few cents for a 18650 recharge!

Last edited:
My favorite ... pfiew ... hard to say :D i like them all really (not just WL, but in general)

The older models like executive, or advanced, or whatever in that ara, are needle thin ..

X8xHyGS.jpg

That's the thing, isn't it- when they bought modules from CNI their lasers were somewhat respectable. Did you ever see the "high powered" modules from when they started to make them?? They were absolute JUNK!

Hey Ed, It is off subject, but pointing a laser into the sky will cost you $25000.00 and a pokey visit :(

I'm not saying that you will get caught for sure , but all it takes is one time.

Please be safe , and respect the safety of others. We all like this hobby , but the overall attention is too much.

-Wolfram

gozert

X8xHyGS.jpg

Definitely the best looking host I've seen on here. I really admire your collection! I do wonder where they had their hosts built though.

Last edited: