Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just for Fun...RYOBI mod.

Howdy ya'll,
Just wanted to show off my....'just for fun' project.
I had a Ryobi laser temp sensor that just never worked and was always off, so I decided to take it apart and cram a laser into it.

It worked out pretty well, I used a heatsink from a green flashlight build that i bought some time ago. It runs off one 10440 battery in one of my MANY battery cells that iv gotten from hotlights. The module is a 100mW one that I got off of Ebay.

Not really that amazing but was fun to put together and kind of cool to hold in the hands.....ENJOY :beer::beer:

P5170154.jpg
[/IMG]

P5170156.jpg
[/IMG]

P5170157.jpg
[/IMG]

P5170158.jpg
[/IMG]

P5170160.jpg
[/IMG]

Giving jayrob a run for his money with that kit :D (yes I know you aren't selling a kit)

I think it's kind of cool. You should replace someone else's RYOBI with that one, and wait for them to go to use it. Now that would be funny.

Glad ya'll like it!
It was pretty fun to put together. I'll throw it on the LPM later to see what it's doing, although it's not for power as much as just fun!

HIMNL9

..... are you still using the red LD at the top for see where you're pointing the green one ? .....

(just kidding, sorry :p :D)

Good recycling work :beer:

..... are you still using the red LD at the top for see where you're pointing the green one ? .....

(just kidding, sorry :p :D)

Good recycling work :beer:

I could set-up the red to run as well, but I kind of like just the green there.:beer:

I like the out of the ordinary builds, they're the most fun to make. very cool :beer:

532 with envy: I thought RYOBI mod meant "Red, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Indigo" mod. My first thought was "He combines beams just for fun? O_______O"

Builds with triggers seem fun. I'll be making one as soon as I can be bothered. Probably this summer.

No, that would be dangerous! It'd mean he'd have to wear 2 sets of safety goggles!

R/Y/O/B/I that would be fun, i think a bit over the top though!:whistle:

I'm still in the build process of a lab style yellow though through combination of red and green....PL has been a great resource for this.

The red laser I think might not even show up with the green right next to it......The trigger is just some clicky that I got from Odicforce I think but does make it easy to use.

heh, I thought about making a "Cold Gun" using a discarded heat gun with a small Peltier stack and battery and high speed ducted fan.

-A