Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just bought some DT25 scanners :D

Things

Well yeah, the opportunity came along, so I snagged it and bought some :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Anyone here had any experience with them? Any pix?

Cheers,
Dan :D

no, but heards nothing but good things about them.

they blow the scanpro 20k' out the water apparently

andy_con said:
no, but heards nothing but good things about them.

they blow the scanpro 20k' out the water apparently
why i want to make a sp 20 but maybe not how much

sorry about that :-[
why are they better then the sp 20. I want to make a sp 20 but maybe not if these are better.It all maters on the price.How much are they. ;)

the dt25 are alot more than the scanpro 20's but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

its just build quality of the dt25 is probably twice as good as the 20's

andy_con said:
the dt25 are alot more than the scanpro 20's but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

Yeah I've been rather disappointed with the accuracy of the ScanPro 20 set, I can't get a good ILDA test pattern for crap. I definitely would've gotten the dt25's had they been available at the time I bought my ScanPro set :(

Keep us updated Things :) go and make me jealous with your perfect graphics animations.... :D

andy_con said:
No, I have but heard nothing but good things about them.

They blow the scanpro 20k' out the water apparently

But then the price is in a whole new ball park.

Honestly, I think the *best* choice, if you wanted to spend a little more money, would be a set of 30k scanners. Most laser show material is written for 30k, so using a slower scanner is always going to be a compromise.... With a discount, we can come pretty close to the price of the 25's..

:)

DJZ

andy_con said:

The quality of the scanners are probably about the same, I'm not sure, I've never tested the SP20's. Generally it's the amp that makes all the difference. The DT-25 amp is actually a product of Germany, and built very well.