Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just bought 4 typical 303 green lasers on ebay

10MILES 303 Green Laser Pointer Pen Focus Adjustable 532nm Burning Beam Lazer | eBay

So im sitting here waiting for my 473nm ple pro, Sanwu 500mw pocket 445nm and Saabs deft x edc over on cpf. Im going insane waiting for them so i figure i do this while i wait to make the time go buy..
I got 4 for 27 shipped. The shipping location is only 35 miles from my house so once it ships it will only take a day or 2. I did this with the 301 lasers and got powers between 30-90mw. Im hopping these do a little better then my 301s and if im lucky ill get a crazy 120mw one. 6.99 each of you get 2.

I did this too, i bought like 6 earlier despite how crappy these are led up to be, they can be a lot of fun!

Last edited:

GSS

I did this too, i bought like 6 earlier despite how crappy these are led up to be, they can be a lot of fun!
I dont know if its the 50 / 50 odds or the seller does it on purpose but for every 2 I buy 1 always comes alot higher. This may sound silly but even though if you flip a coin a 100 times and its 50 / 50 heads and tails I have flipped heads 5 times in a row

I dont know if its the 50 / 50 odds or the seller does it on purpose but for every 2 I buy 1 always comes alot higher. This may sound silly but even though if you flip a coin a 100 times and its 50 / 50 heads and tails I have flipped heads 5 times in a row
Exactly! I usually get one that works well, and one that struggles to make any green at all, it really is a perfect ratio...

Reactions: GSS

Pman

If you buy cheap ones that seem to come on really bright at times you should check with an MTM to be sure you have good conductivity especially through the switch. If you have more than one, just swap switches to see if that's the issue (if they have a tail switch as I'm talking about any unit and not a 303). Sometimes with the standard pen types the back half is not conducting well where the + of the battery hits the end. You can pop that end out as it is just press fit with something like the round end of a paint brush and of course just swap the back halves with another pen to verify the issue;)

GSS

Hi Pman, at times I wonder how the simplest of things go over my head but at times Im pretty proud of myself on other things I can do. I never thought of popping the butt end off even though ive popped the laser end off zillions of times. I just drop in a tiny ball of foil. Thx Pman this is :eek::eek:........Joey thanks for not making me sound crazy

Last edited:

joeyss

anyone try the red 660 version? i need a red 660 that doesn't have like 2mrad.

GSS

anyone try the red 660 version? i need a red 660 that doesn't have like 2mrad.
I got 1 from a member here, he had build up quite a few. I caught him when he only had 1 left and it was the weakest at a measured 190mw. Lots of fun with it and its dot and beam specs are great. It lights up matches pretty instant. Someone posted here a while ago on the estimated output of all 301s from ebay and the red were all close around the 200mw mark I "think"....Edit Pman were you the one who posted the estimated outputs?

Last edited:
I got my 4 ebay 303 lasers today. I quickly compared it to my 301 laser that reads 95mw on my lpm. They are all about the same interms of beam brightness and dot brightness.

Then i lpmed all four lasers and got a very interesting result. They all were 40-60 mw. So how can the be just as bright as my 301 laser. Then it hit me. These lasers have no ir filter so i put my other pair of laser goggles to block the green light but let the ir through. My 301 laser hit 23mw of IR light :( so then i tested all 4 303 lasers. 0 ir nothing :D. Also the 303 lasers are far more stable then my 301 laser. Ill do lpm graphs and post them when i get a chance. I just cant believe the 303s have no ir leak !!!

Last edited:

GSS

I was under the impression that 301s and 303s where basicly the same exact laser and host just marketed with different numbers? I might have read something to the point that they changed a dimension or two or something inside during the building process but neither will come apart freely to see or justify using them as host for other options:undecided:

Last edited:
I don't know why you made a statement in your sale of the two pointers you were getting out of the hobby and then turn around and buy more!

I don't know why you made a statement in your sale of the two pointers you were getting out of the hobby and then turn around and buy more!

ya dont listen to me lol I said that the day after i broke the arcane 2.0 and i was just mad i did that. it can be fixed for pretty cheap so all is not lost. plus the prices of these diodes have dropped so much from a year ago. a 1w 520nm for under $300. Hell ya !!!.