Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just a weekend project

Ace82 said:
What if I were to make one with 4 mirrors/motors? My transmitter/reciever is easily capable of powering 4. Is it overkill, or would it have the ability to make even more designs? Of coarse, they don't all have to be on all the time. :-?

Please try it, I would have done it if I had another PWM-circuit. You may have problems to find the same pattern twice tho. ;D

Laserrod, how does optic resolving speed control work, I'd like to know how so bad.
I understand the mechanics, if you will, but not how to make it work. I need a PIC-programmer, correct? I don't know a darn thing about that either. :-[

Chido you got the laser workin' for me. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

ok would their be a way to hook the motors up to your computer as fans and then use a program suchs as speedfan to control the speeds of the motors?

FireMyLaser said:
Laserrod, how does optic resolving speed control work, I'd like to know how so bad.
I understand the mechanics, if you will, but not how to make it work. I need a PIC-programmer, correct? I don't know a darn thing about that either.  :-?

I will post a new thread on that someday.
I started with a 20Mhz crystal osc. and 2 seperate 16 bit divide by N TTL 74161 counter to a 4 bit counter that 6809CPU read and comapred to the opto pulses and it only takes 100 ML instructions.
And it works great because the paterns will repeat and hold with very little jitter.
I can't fire the rig back up because I lost half the code and  the computer I used(osi 6808) to download it fried when i added on a EPROM burner :'(