Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just a thought. Can this be done?

hey guys, would it be possible to use one of every direct colour diode and focus all the beams to one multicoloured beam and be able to precisely adjust the colour of the beam in order of the visible spectrum (ultraviolet - infrared) by using something like a mixamp? (like this one for this gaming headset: Astro Gaming | Professional Gaming Equipment | MixAmp™) The mixamp could very finely adjust the power of each diode to set a certain colour.

edit: read post 7

Last edited:

Yes... It's called analogue modulation. You would need the correct dicros for the lasers in order to combine the beams, then you would need a analogue compatible driver to adjust the power to the laser. This is mainly used in the world of laser scanners... so unfortunately its not cheap.

well bobs idea is correct but not the easiest. check out the white fusion kit and firemylasers mixing board. that would only address rgb. if you want violet, then you would need rgvb, or if exact colors arent your thing then you could go with rgv or still stay with rgb.this route is hand held. check out flaminpyros pix.

michael.

i did. but since you are a wise guy, i will correct you. ultra violet and infra-red are not in the visible spectrum. i don't really care about the link you posted. you are asking to have an adjustable full color spectrum laser. all the info i gave you is 100% correct and useful.

michael.

i said i was wondering if it was possible to use the mixamp to adjust the diodes to every colour in the visible spectrum including ir light. for example if you wanted ir light in the range of 808nm, you use the mixamp and it adjusts the diodes to only outtput the 808nm diode. and if you wanted yellow the mixamp would adjust the red and green diodes... im not asking anything. im wondering if it's possible to do.

Last edited:
if your not getting it, look at the visible spectrum. now imagine you printed that out in the shape of an "O" then you lay it over the dial of the mixamp. then you point the arrow on the mixamp to the desired colour. and it would adjust the colour by outputting different mW's on different diodes.

You would only be adjusting the perceived color of the beam, you will not be creating or changing the wavelength, just the color.

thats what im saying sorta..lol. adjust the colour based on the visible spectrum but not actual wavelength.

im not sure if you guys will get it or not. my imaginations kinda weird :undecided:

Last edited:
i said i was wondering if it was possible to use the mixamp to adjust the diodes to every colour in the visible spectrum including ir light. for example if you wanted ir light in the range of 808nm, you use the mixamp and it adjusts the diodes to only outtput the 808nm diode. and if you wanted yellow the mixamp would adjust the red and green diodes... im not asking anything. im wondering if it's possible to do.

that is a question LoL. and the answer is yes it can be done, assuming you have an... 808diode, red diode, blue diode, green laser and a 405nm diode.

and to address your post 7, that could be possible. has somebody here done exactly that, not that i know of. color mixing around here is either though a scanner set up. or through "firemylasers" mix amp with multipl pots.

and further more to elaborate on what kgb said, if you choose to use only RGB you can not create violet or ulta violet. you could only creat colors in the visible spectrum.

michael.

Last edited:
ok true you got me there (i fail). it would be pretty cool if someone managed to do it tho. would you be able to make any sort of purple with RGB?

the bluray (405) in smoke looks very purple as long as it is not shining on an object. and that is a $10 diode. you could easily make your own for about $25bucks