Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just a random pic

Notice how many Land Cruisers you see in this video, that's what most (real) Qatari's drive:

GSS

God, I just don't see the humor in that yet :p
I'm sorry,;) I just thought even in your own base you can't win type of thing with military drivers..
This is coming from me being in a city which I think has the most obnoxious drivers in lowered Honda's, plus the women driving their cars without knowing the cars limits.

Oh, yea, you are correct, on base they often exceed the speed limit by 40 KPH and ignore stop signs, now i see :)

GSS

Chris, what do you drive out there?
It's a SUV and big pick up truck world these days. I drive a regular car and what makes it worse is I cannot see a thing to whats in front of a SUV thats in front of me, nor pulling out of a driveway and trying to see whats behind it..

Driving a Jeep Compass, that's why the Qatari's push me around, no self respecting Qatari drives a cheap car like that.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Notice how many Land Cruisers you see in this video, that's what most (real) Qatari's drive:

Damn, Chris, those guys are more than just crazy, they're real asshats. That one impatient jerk needed to be shown a bit of "street justice"; those other drivers needed to pull his a$$ out of his big ole Land Cruiser and "educate" him on his lack of driving skills! 🤛 🤛

I had a coworker jump out of his vehicle (after he stopped and the guy parked behind him) to give the Qatari who kept following him at highspeed too close to his bumper a talking to and the guy grabbed him by the neck and bruised him pretty bad choking him, in the end my coworker went to jail and nothing happened to the other guy choking him because he was a reserve police officer.

Last edited:
Yea it's best to stay cool and let as much slide as you can, you're a visitor so don't try to fix the world over there, just survive and salt away some cash.

And these guys are moderate Arabs, Saudi's are the real arses.

This reminds me of a racist joke going around in the latter part of the 1970s. Why do they call camels "ships of the desert?" They are all full of Iranian seamen. The civil engineering building was crammed with Arabs during the 1970s at Lamar University. They would go into the bathrooms and wash their feet in the sinks. I hated going into that building.

Last edited:
Yes, their religion requires them to wash their feet several times a day and they don't care whose sink they dirty up.

Holy cow, this ebay deal worked out; $75 Buy It Now for a Coherent laser power meter which is in great condition and calibrated just last year:

(Not zeroized when I took this photo) - Checked it against my Fieldmax II LPM and they both closely agree with one another and the meter goes up to 200 watts, score! Only needed eight each 9V batteries. I didn't try measuring more than 100 mw and 5 watts, I'd like to find an operators manual with more information that what I see on the panel but so far not finding it anywhere.

Last edited:
Holy cow, this ebay deal worked out; $75 Buy It Now for a Coherent laser power meter which is in new condition and recently calibrated:

(Not zeroized when I took this photo) - Checked it against my Fieldmax II LPM and they both closely agree with one another and the meter goes up to 200 watts, score! Only needed eight each 9V batteries. I didn't try measuring more than 100 mw and 5 watts, I'd like to find an operators manual with more information that what I see on the panel but so far not finding it anywhere.
Holy moly, thats uber cheap price !! :p

Best ebay deal I've found to date, it didn't look very impressive in the listings photo:

Thought it was small and not so nice. That is one huge thermopile, much more than I expected. Of course, for every strength there is usually a weakness, not a low power meter, but I've measured a pointer as 103 mw on the 200 mw scale and .10 watt on the 2 watt scale, so appears to do well at the lower powers anyway.

Here's a picture which gives a better view of how massive the thermopile is:

Last edited: