Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

JetLasers PLE-Pro 520nm 70mw Green Laser

I received my JetLasers PLE-Pro 520nm 70mw laser this morning. After a slight delay due to Chinese labor holliday, the unit shipped and arrived quickly. The cardboard box was wrapped and taped tightly in bubble-wrap. Here's what was inside the box:

IMG_1438.JPG

Each component was individually wrapped in bubble wrap inside the box. Very nice. After removing the bubble wrap from each component, I found that they were wrapped in anti-static bags:

IMG_1440.JPG

After removing the static bags, which like the bubble wrap were tightly taped, I get to the actual laser:

IMG_1442.JPG

The quality of the finish on the host is excellent. The threads on the two halves are clean and tight and they screw together cleanly. The laser aperture has a threaded cap covering it made of the same aluminum as the body so when not in use, the optics are protected.

The focus ring turns smoothly with just the right amount of tension. There are two buttons, one for toggle constant on/off and one for "push to light".,
The button engagement is crisp and precise without feeling "mushy". The mechanical lock at the back of the unit is a key lock and the two keys fit well and the lock turns easily.

The only negative comments I have are that a) I ordered a silver finish and received black. Gray has already offered to replace it, but I'm going to keep the black. Also, the focus ring is a little sloppy. If you unfocus the beam by turning the ring one direction, it doesn't re-focus turning it back to the original position, so there's a bit of guess work.

All in all it's a nice laser. The beam is clearly visible in a dimly lit room. I can't wait to get this sucker out in the dark at night.

diachi

Very nice, thanks for posting a quick review!

I wonder if the lens is loose in the focus ring maybe? The focus should be the same at the same spot?

Very nice, thanks for posting a quick review!

I wonder if the lens is loose in the focus ring maybe? The focus should be the same at the same spot?

That's what I was wondering as well. I would have thought that "focused at x meters" would always be the same rotational point on the focus ring, but that is not the case.

Nice :) Night beam shots a must now :)

Definitely, will post night shots!

BobMc

Nice unit you got there. Looking forward to you night time beams shots. Enjoy :)

Razako

I've had the same problem before where I ordered a silver unit and got a black one. Wasn't a big deal to me either, but it seems like something they should be more careful about. Some customers might be a bit more picky about stuff like that.

A very nice quick review. Need some beam shots to round it out. I wonder about that slop you are experiencing in the lens assembly. It could very well be a loose lens inside the housing. At any rate, you should see if they will at least send you a replacement.

I bought a pair of 18650's from the local Vape shop and added the extension tube to the laser. The fit and finish of these components is really impressive. The only thing that I've found so far that I don't like is that the plastic adapter tubes used to help the batteries fit properly in the laser tube don't really do the job properly. With the adapter tubes and 2x 18650s installed the batteries still move around inside the unit. These are flat top batteries so I'm using the provided magnetic "buttons" and I'm concerned that after enough moving around, the batteries will eventually lose connection. The adapter tubes need to take up a bit more room so the batteries are properly held in place.

I've tried to take a few night shots with my phone but it just doesn't do justice to how bright this is. I need to break out the dSLR and do it right.

Encap

The only thing that I've found so far that I don't like is that the plastic adapter tubes used to help the batteries fit properly in the laser tube don't really do the job properly. With the adapter tubes and 2x 18650s installed the batteries still move around inside the unit. These are flat top batteries so I'm using the provided magnetic "buttons" and I'm concerned that after enough moving around, the batteries will eventually lose connection. The adapter tubes need to take up a bit more room so the batteries are properly held in place..

You are right the current adapter tubes leave a lot to be desired 18650s rattle around in them--they do work OK but are annoying--you can fix that buy fitting 2 o-rings to each battery that will make a snug fit in the adapter --one about 1/2 " from the top and one 1/2' from the bottom of the battery.
JetLasers used to supply nice soild thick wall black plastic spacers that were a perfect fit for battery and for the host--why they changed I do not know. Maybe with variation in diameter of various batteries they were causing a problem of too tight a fit for some batteries.

The o-rings work well---if you can find the right size of o-ring you can even use just o-rings and no adapters if you want to do that

Nice laser --enjoy it.

Last edited:
You are right the current adaptor tubes leave a lot to be desired 18650s rattle around in them--you can fix that buy fitting 2 o-rings to each battery that will make a snug fot in the adaptor --one about 1/2 " for the top and one 1/2' from the bottom.
Jet used to supply nce sold black plastic spacers that were a perfect fit for battery and for the host--why they changed I do not know---maybe with variation in diameter of various batteries they were causing a problem of too tight a fit for some batteries---the o-rings work well---if you can find the right size of o-ring you can even use just o-rings if you want to do that

Nice laser --enjoy it.

Thank you for the idea and confirmation that I'm not a dummy who put this thing together wrong. :)