Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers pen series

Davidx

I saw these mentioned here,went to their website and ordered a 150nm 532.
It arrived today, and I was pleasantly surprised to see how compact it was.
Length is 5 5/8 " long. Slightly less a regular pen style. About the same diameter
Being from Jetlaser it's well built. Kinda reminds me of a Nano,but an inch shorter. Uses an unusual battery. 10440. Hoping to get better with my divergence measurements. Grows around an inch 30 ft away. Hard to measure it's so bright. Put on my LPM. Climbed to exactly 150mw. For under $ 100 I'm a happy customer.
Thanks for reading this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 197

Gabe

Lovely! Was about to order that exact laser, but I pigged out and bought a ple-pro at twice the power. She's a beaut!
EDIT: the rep I gave meant to say 'nice!' but I dun goofed, and accidentally hit send rather than backspace. Stoopid iPad :/

Last edited:

Encap

I saw these mentioned here,went to their website and ordered a 150nm 532.
It arrived today, and I was pleasantly surprised to see how compact it was.
Length is 5 5/8 " long. Slightly less a regular pen style. About the same diameter
Being from Jetlaser it's well built. Kinda reminds me of a Nano,but an inch shorter. Uses an unusual battery. 10440. Hoping to get better with my divergence measurements. Grows around an inch 30 ft away. Hard to measure it's so bright. Put on my LPM. Climbed to exactly 150mw. For under $ 100 I'm a happy customer.
Thanks for reading this

I think you are the first to get one---not just on LPF also the first in the USA to receive one!

Very nice--really very nice--a simple 150mW, 532nm pen but a "JetLasers quality" pen with a unique and attractive host at a reasonable price $89 + shipping.
JetLasers also offers the pen for $79 in a 100mW, 532nm, 405nm, or 650nm model & at $99 a 405nm, 200mW model.

Optotronics sells a 150mW, 532nm pen @ $179 + shipping and is just a lack luster generic pen host type of pen see: https://www.optotronics.com/green-laser-pointers.php

I think I must order one or more of these new JetLasers pens ASAP

Congratulations--am sure you will enjoy it! Just the take it anywhere/anytime small form factor makes it a must have worth every penny.
A true/real quality 150mW of 532nm with a low divergence fine beam and dot, is an amazingly bright and more than adiquite for most purposes.

:can:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice, I believe you are the first LPF member to get one of these. Thanks for sharing. :beer:
The 10440 battery isn't too unusual, it's the size of a aaa battery I believe.

Davidx

Lovely! Was about to order that exact laser, but I pigged out and bought a ple-pro at twice the power. She's a beaut!
EDIT: the rep I gave meant to say 'nice!' but I dun goofed, and accidentally hit send rather than backspace. Stoopid iPad :/

Thank you. I love the PL-Pro have a couple of them
I understand. I'm also on an iPad.

I don't understand how Gray packs so much light inside this small space. :)

Last edited:

Gabe

Thank you
I understand. I'm also on an iPad.

I don't understand how Gray packs so much light inside this small space. :)

Yeah, they even started out with 200mW of green! :eek:
But of course, there was the heatsinkung issue, and .2W got discont'd

Davidx

Yeah, they even started out with 200mW of green! :eek:
But of course, there was the heatsinkung issue, and .2W got discont'd

I opted for the 200mw 532 but was told the same thing. 200 mw was just too much for the size of the thing. Thats how I got the 150. Quite adequate.

Trying to think of some cons,so people don't think I work for JL. :)

Still haven't found the constant on feature. ( not sure it's there after much fiddling.)
Push button on end to activate. ( I'm ok with that, won't come on in pocket)
Be nice to be able to focus.
That's about it. Screaming deal for $89. May buy a second
Thanks Gray

Thanks for the review. I've been looking around for a nice 532nm in a pen host. I'll have to pick on up after the holidays.

Encap

I opted for the 200mw 532 but was told the same thing. 200 mw was just too much for the size of the thing. Thats how I got the 150. Quite adequate.

Trying to think of some cons,so people don't think I work for JL. :)

Still haven't found the constant on feature. ( not sure it's there after much fiddling.)
Push button on end to activate. ( I'm ok with that, won't come on in pocket)
Be nice to be able to focus.
That's about it. Screaming deal for $89. May buy a second
Thanks Gray

Nice review Davidx!

I just ordered all 3 100mw model, 532nm, 405nm, and 650nm! Am sure the 100mW 532nm wil be very bright but not sure about how the 405nm and 650nm will be in terms of brightness unless they have very fine beams---will find out soon enough--have never been disappointed with any JetLAsers product before , so reasonably certain they will be fine and very useful.

I really like the take it anywhere size/form factor.

I usually take a TiB with me everywhere which everyone I show it to loves, but these are even smaller!

Last edited:
whats the duty cycle on it ? and does it get any warm after a while or..