Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

JetLasers Equality Series

gismo

I welcome the new product of Jetlasers, the tendency to produce a "medium" sized laser pointers represents a refreshment which can attract more buyers.

Would consider Equality 473nm, i.e. 515-520nm with descent performance and power output...:shhh: Will wait for more information, photos and videos would be nice.

Hmm... anyone notice that the beam specs on the 473nm is worse on the Equality than the PL-E Pro?

DB8088

Hey, all. My name is Doug B. and I'm an alcoho...oops, wrong place. Lol Sorry, my name is Doug I'm new to buying lasers, but in the last two months I've bought the red Nano from Wicked, the Arctic, a 2W blue from a Chinese company that proves to be 2W, and not too bad (sorry, I haven't gotten to figuring out how to list my lasers as you guys do yet). I have a nice 50mw green pen and a 400mw purple, which is very beautiful. I'm expecting and have been tracking a PL-E Pro 800mW 532nm that I should have tomorrow. As most of you, I'm fascinated and maybe a bit addicted to lasers. Have been since a kid, but life was a little cruel and forced me in another direction. I'm in a place now where I can focus on myself a little and I'm more excited than I can express here and really excited that I was introduced to this Forum and thankful that I was accepted. I look forward to making friends, talking lasers, buying lasers, and I do hope to make lasers one day. Thanks for allowing me to join and I hope I can add to the group as much as I'm sure to receive. Thanks all!
Doug
Ps i
I suspect I posted this in the wrong thread. I did post an introduction in the welcome thread. I saw JETLASERS name and since he's been very kind, professional, selling me the PL-E Pro and has become a friend, I posted here. If the Moderators feel it should be somewhere else, please let me know and I'll move it...thanks

Last edited:

DB8088

Hey, gismo,

I saw you have the PL-E Pro 800W 532nm. I should have mine tomorrow. Can I ask what your experience is with batteries for the 800W? I have the Arctics batti, but was told it would be eaten up quickly. Any help would be great. Gray has been great with info, but I was hoping to introduce myself around and make some friends. How do you like the laser?

Doug

Hey Doug,

Welcome to the Forums! To create a signature, click "User CP" on the top left of the page, and you'll see a tab on the left side that says "Edit Signature." Click on that, type in your lasers, hit "save", and voila :D

Be sure to use the google search bar at the bottom of the page when looking for information on the Forum before you create a new thread, there's piles and piles of information on here. And don't forget your safety goggles! Enjoy your stay :beer:

Last edited:

gismo

Hey, gismo,

I saw you have the PL-E Pro 800W 532nm. I should have mine tomorrow. Can I ask what your experience is with batteries for the 800W? I have the Arctics batti, but was told it would be eaten up quickly. Any help would be great. Gray has been great with info, but I was hoping to introduce myself around and make some friends. How do you like the laser?

Doug

Gray's is extremely helpful and friendly, representing Jetlasers company in a best way possible, you're right on that one.:)
The batteries I use and Grey recommended to me is 1x26650 golden King Kong 4000mAh. You can grab a pair from here for a very reasonable price:

$15.76 King Kong ICR26650 3.7V 4000mAh Li-ion Rechargeable Batteries (2-Pack) 2-pack - flat top at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

You can use any 1x18650 battery as well (within a tube provided).

800mW green laser is really very battery hungry, the power output decreases eventually once the battery gets below 3.7V and needs a recharge then, possibly after 1 hour (or even less) of total runtime. That's the price you pay for the "green laser power";). But I personally wouldn't use it for longer than 5min during one run.
The laser is insanely bright and I'm more than happy with its performance:D. Hope you'll enjoy yours. Remember, it's absolutely important for you to wear the safety glasses when operating this beast!

Wish you many happy days enjoying your 800mW PL-E PRO!

Last edited:
4000mAh+? Isn't that like not even possible with current day li-ion technology, or am I missing something (probably am)? :thinking:

You missed something I guess, kingkongs are the most common 26650s I hear about here. there are 18650s that hit 3400mAh

whoa, 400 posts. raffle donation thread coming soon, with a prize...

Last edited:

Clint

Hi, I'm new to this site (surprise...)

Thinking of purchasing my first >1W laser from Jetlasers as they're one of the best suppliers out there and I've heard nothing but positive feedback from them.

I'm torn between the PL-E Pro 445nm and the 445nm Equality series, both would be 1.2W purchases.

Basically I want a nice reliable laser with a diode that won't fail on me with extended use (i.e. good heatsinking)
The PL-E Pro seems to fit the bill with regards to heatsinking.

However with the significant price difference from the PL-E and the Equality I just wanted to get a feel for how reliable and how much continuous use the Equality can handle.

Thanks for your feedback, and I realize that there's not that much information on the Equality out there yet, but if there is any, I'm sure you guys know about it. :D

Edit: I've also noticed that the PL-E series seems to need extended warmup periods before reaching any kind of useful output power.
Most videos and sources put this at between 5-20 mins, which seems a bit excessive, I wondered if anyone knows if the Equality series has the same issues?

Last edited:

Encap

Get a PL-E Pro either 1.2W or 2W ---better heat sinking longer life, excellent internal focusing from external collar.

No warm up time for diodes---just for DPSS 532nm and 473nm lasers---the long times you quote are not typical

Clint

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was worried about the videos I was seeing on the warmup times.

And I was leaning towards the PL-E, I think I'll most likely get that model, I'd prefer to spend more money on a more longlasting product than to save some now and have to repurchase or repair later.

DB8088

Thanks for the battery advice, Shakemand Gismo...I don't mind spending the extra money if I get a better product. And gismo, thanks for advising about safety glasses, I try to never go without them. I can't wait to get a hold of that Pro 800W...I appreciate the introduction into beasthood! LOL

Encap

Thanks for the battery advice, Shakemand Gismo...I don't mind spending the extra money if I get a better product. And gismo, thanks for advising about safety glasses, I try to never go without them. I can't wait to get a hold of that Pro 800W...I appreciate the introduction into beasthood! LOL

That PL-E 532,800mw is going to be as amazing as it is dangerous. Many of them peak at over 1W for several minutes. Awesome laser.

Good luck and enjoy it --be sure to use it with proper safety precautions---no room for error at that power.