Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers 200mw 532nm Ti-B review.

GBD

Hello,

After seeing the jetlasers GB, I desided I wanted one of these for myself, so I ordered directly from gray. Originally I ordered a 250mw, however after talking to gray, he informed me that a 250mw model may not be used due to the size of the host, so he offered me a partial refund and the 200mw unit in its stead. I accepted, and he sent it. The DHL express is insanly fast, it was in my town in 2 days... however, because the long weekend, I didn't get it on friday, so I got it today instead. No blame towards Jetlasers.. DHL mixed something up apparently and I needed to pick up the package.

Jetlasers has by far the best customer support ive ever talked to, Gray always responds in detail and in a timely manner, has been very honest and fair, and thoroughly answers all the questions I had. So specail thanks to Gray and Hakzaw1 for both of thier time and patience, and for answering all my questions.

Now onto the laser itself, first thing is the titanium host. The host is very well machined for it to be made from titanium, having experience with machining 6al-4v alloy before, I know first hand just how much of a bitch and time consuming it can become. so I am very impressed with the finish and appearance of the laser.

The laser's switch is a twist on/off, with a momentary pushbutton. The 532nm Ti-B takes a single 14500 3.7V battery.

The module inside is very stable. the 200mw model I was sent peaked at 242mw, and stabilized at a 235mw (laser is IR filtered) , and maintained that pretty constantly. It always sticks in TEM00. The beam diameter is pretty cool too, bieng 1mm at apperture and <1mrad divergance. This is no doubt the most stable and highest beam quality 532nm ive ever owned.

Now onto the pictures:

For size referance, a 5mw newish pen

Square threads, nice finish!

There is nothing I love more then a good knurling job, most pre-made hosts and lasers I come across lack fully formed and high quality dimond knurls. This bieng titanium too, its quite impressive.

Power meter shot:

And now some beamshots:

Highly impressed with both Jetlaser's product and customer service, it is by far best Ive seen. I won't hesistate to deal with them again.

Last edited:

:thanks: for the review! Really cool! :D Looks like some laser you have there Sir.

GBD

Yep, fits into my pocket nicely :D
The host is a touch longer then 6" (ruler is 6").. either way, size wise it goes along with other pocketable items.

I'll need to find something made of silicone tomorow to fashion a dust cap from...

Last edited:
Lol... not sure if I consider my tighe very pocket-able... the blade is just a tad long for legal carry in nj, but I love using mine.

Now if only in were possible to get a bit more power into that laser.

I imagine being titanium it's also quite light... for it's size.

Edit: I've been carrying around that certain laser you sent my way in my pocket quite a bit btw. Still can't bring myself to get rid of it... side by side one 400mW and one 500mW green beams look spectacular at night.

Last edited:

GBD

Yeah, I love the my tighe.. to myself, its a natural extention of my hand... its just perfect :p

I have quite a collection of greens, anywhere from 5mw to 1.6W, but I gotta say, as much as I loved the o-like... I really love the looks and design of this laser. Extra power would be indeed a nice feature, but there is only so much titanium can handle for decent duty cycle, its ability to dissapate heat doesn't even touch that of aluminum.. but it does give a very solid feel to the laser... its like its made of stainless steel, but definatly lighter.

Only thing I would pick on with this laser, is I wish it used a pair of cr123s or something other then a 14500, This is the first laser I got that required that battery, so now I need to buy a good charger and battery set.

Id imagine two beams one out of each hand would be quite epic too see :D

Last edited:
Well... if I go camping I actually prefer one of these: KnifeSupply.com: Boker AFD Black Blade Knife

Sharpened the false edge of that knife basically as soon as I bought it... served me well for almost 10 years now. It's too big for edc, but in all the years since, I haven't found a single knife that fits me quite as well.

Yeah... that 1.6W labby must be pretty cool. Pictures just don't to laser beams justice.

Interesting tid bit about titanium not being able to dissipate heat well... for a while I used to be into wearing rings (read legal brass knuckles:eg:) and found titanium to actually be the best material. Tungsten cracked... broke 3 rings that way. Aluminum just deformed too easily. Steel was pretty good middle of the road... but titanium held the shape well enough and didn't crack.

If the host were bigger... a copper heatsink would be in order I think;)

About the beams... I posted a pic in that polo shirt thread...had a 1W in one hand and the 400mW in another crossing in from of myself:)

I think I'll post a "What You Should NEVER Do with Lasers" thread in that other forum and post it there.

Nice photos and review G-- a +2 coming your way when system allows-:beer:

thanks so much for the kind words glad you like it.:yh:

--btw how many other:whistle: sellers:tsk: would be so upfront about the mWs-- Gray is the man--:bowdown:.

hak

wow nice laser! i really like the host desing and material. how much did that thing cost ?

Yeah ofcourse I need to spread rep around before giving it to GBD again.

GBD - do me a favour? Measure the battery draw current at the tailcap pleez? Thankyouz!

Nice knife BTW. Not as nice as my ceremonial laser-package-opening dagger I got myself on my last vacation, but cool nonetheless :p

GBD

Thanks guys,

@lovellaser: After the partial refund, the 200mw cost 290$US. (shipped)

@Eudaimonium: Im geting an average of 1.050A draw. Also, that my tighe IS my ceramonial laser package opening knife.... usually I just tear them to shreds to try to beat my last record in package opening :p

cheers

Last edited:
BUMP to make this fine review easy to locate as the new JETLASERDS GB is now entering the selection phase.