Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

JetLasers 10X RCB

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Did you machine the parts yourself or have them made?
What is the diameter and thread count, what tap do I need?
20mm?

Hi Red, I've recently received my J/L 10X, and I've measured the diameters, and the thread pitch of both sizes of threads on the B.E.
I also needed to know these sizes, since I'll be using this on a variety lasers, and will need to make adapters to suit.
I've found one old adapter that I modified to fit this B.E. to my old style J/L PLE, it uses the larger size thread, thus eliminating any radial adjustment possibilities, but it seems to aligned pretty well as is.
I may make more of this style adapter for other hosts. ( I'll add a pic later).

• The smaller diameter thread that is made to attach directly to the J/L PLE Pro is an (18mm x 0.75mm) thread. The actual diameter measures 17.880mm, this is normal for clearance purposes.
  • The larger diameter thread that attaches to the alignment ring is a (25mm x 0.75mm) thread. It measures 24.80mm, also for proper clearance.

These are a much finer than normal thread for these diameters, and taps are hard to find, and are fairly expensive. The larger size may have to be custom made. It may be easier to just cut these threads on a lathe, if available.
If you find a cheap source for these size taps let me know! :yh:

0124f724-4cae-4fb9-bbd1-1bd4c53d26c0_zpsks7ubvln.jpg

e0ed7d42-1426-49ba-89c0-2cfea00bc0fc_zpsqm7s1ua4.jpg

Last edited:

I would buy an adaptor or two if you have some made, I was thinking I would drill a hole for it in an adaptor block and cut a slot wide enough to drill and tap for a pair of clamping screws or drill a hole that just fits the adaptor shank and use set screws.

I would like to be able to move it between 532's and 660's and my 405's, but any beam wider than 3.5 mm expanded 10x will clip as the output lens is 35mm wide, so I was thinking single mode use or maybe a 2x cyl corrected NDG7475. The 5-7 watt diodes if defocused may burn the AR coating, I don't know, so far it's fine but I don't get the entry beam too tight.

But lately I have been buying guns and put lasers on hold, I am still waiting for the nubm08e and rumored new green, I did get some 660's, I love that deep red color and super tight beam, a foggy night delight. :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, that's basicly how this adapter is made, just a real snug fit on the crown of the laser and added the three nylon thumb screws. Added pics in my previous post.

I love the single mode reds myself; some of the best looking beams!
Which new green are you speaking of?

ABarnett mentioned one in the pipeline, maybe for a high end fiber optic coupled projector, but we may be priced out of them unless the Chinese assemblers can snag some " trash can/damaged " blocks.

Just found the thread, sure like the quality of the JL beam expanders, I have one on a PLE-PRO 532nm pointer.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
  • The smaller diameter thread that is made to attach directly to the J/L PLE Pro is an (18mm x 0.75mm) thread. The actual diameter measures 17.880mm, this is normal for clearance purposes.
  • The larger diameter thread that attaches to the alignment ring is a (25mm x 0.75mm) thread. It measures 24.80mm, also for proper clearance.

C0y9fxq.jpg

Edit: Sorry, I thought you were speaking of the 18mm vs. the 25mm dia.
It may be a 25mm x 0.5mm pitch, I'd have to re-check mine to be sure.

Last edited:
Here's the original :

10x-adjustable-beam-expander.jpg

------

Here's the new mini :

------

As you can see the original has M25 x 0.5 and the new mini uses M18 x 0.75

M25 being 25mm and 0.5 being the thread pitch.

Here's the site page:

Accessories - JETLASERS.ORG

------------

Notice that the inlet is now only 4mm wide, down from 5mm wide.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Did they change the thread ? This diagram shows (25mm x 0.50) thread ?

Accutronitis, I've had a chance to re-check my measurments on my PL-E Pro 10X B.E., and as the photos below illustrate, the thread pitch is 0.75mm, and not 0.50mm as shown on the J/L print.
So, as I mentioned in my previous post, both the 25mm B.E. thread, and the 18mm adapter thread (on my B.E.) are a 0.75mm pitch.

I doubt that Jetlasers has changed their thread pitch, more than likely it's just a typo.
I will contact Gray and let him check it out.

My B.E. threads being measured with a Starret thread gauge.
4GidCWZ.jpg

The B.E. thread as compared to a 0.5mm thread on a lens barrel, definitely a coarser pitch.
D5fffgJ.jpg

Last edited:
Oh just great because I bought a 25mm x 0.50 tap !

How long ago did you buy yours ?

Now that I think of it I seem to recall reading somewhere they did change the threads, I think ?

Last edited:
Don't feel like the lone ranger, I asked and was told 2 different sizes for the sanwu 3X, it's neither of them.
It's NOT M12 x 0.5 or M12 x 1.0 or M12 x 0.75 it seems like M10.5 or the SAE equivalent ???

I'm not crying about 15 dollars each....yea actually I am a little, lol.

When we find the right ones let everyone know, I want to tap a plate so I can do a triangle of set screws and fasteners so I can make minute adjustments for run out and have a nice straight line to zoom down, otherwise you will have a Picasso blurb of a spot to work with.

55224d1489456770-jetlasers-10x-rcb-sany0523.jpg

Attachments

• SANY0523.JPG
    SANY0523.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I'm going to be very mad at jetlasers if the threads on my BE (which will be here tomorrow) aren't 25mm x 0.50 as their diagram shows !

I never pursued building adaptors for my 10X Jet, the 3X sanwu seemed like a better fit for our multi mode diodes. Even then it's a tight fit for the NUBM44 and 3 dimensional alignment is important at longer distances.

I know the 3 element clips a little bit of the beam, yet they still diverge differently after that.

Here's a little test I did long ago with a 3 element at 14-15 feet.

The a-140, M-140 and NDB7875 are all about the same divergence.

The NUBM06 NUBM07 and NDB7A75 are basically the same as far as divergence. ( With GBall removed where applicable )

The NUBM44 NUBM47 and NUBM08 are virtually identical as far as divergence. ( With GBall removed where applicable )

Last edited:
I never pursued building adaptors for my 10X Jet, the 3X sanwu seemed like a better fit for our multi mode diodes. Even then it's a tight fit for the NUBM44 and 3 dimensional alignment is important at longer distances.

I know the 3 element clips a little bit of the beam, yet they still diverge differently after that.

Here's a little test I did long ago with a 3 element at 14-15 feet.

The a-140, M-140 and NDB7875 are all about the same divergence.

The NUBM06 NUBM07 and NDB7A75 are basically the same as far as divergence. ( With GBall removed where applicable )

The NUBM44 NUBM47 and NUBM08 are virtually identical as far as divergence. ( With GBall removed where applicable )

Your 44 is 5.5 watts output ?

At 4.5 amps with a 3 element it's about 5.5w, but with a G2 its 6.75
I run mine at 4.5 amps, they last and last and last and take a lot of getting heated, I have run at 5.0 amps before but I like to burn for minutes at a time and being able to shed heat is an important factor in longer runtime, BIG HEATSINKS RULE also a 3 element makes heat out of light so that's another good reason to go 4.5amps.

Really it for all practical purposes works as well but is much easier on the diode.

THESE ARE DTR's VIDEOS

NUBM44 with 3-element

-----------------------------

NUBM44 with G2

Last edited:
This is from the page where I bought my 44, At 4.5 amps a single 44 diode maxed his meter at 6.830 watts !

My meter does not read past 6.8W but this diode is clearly doing well over 7W but I will call it 6W till someone can show some testing further than I can with my meter. @ 4.5A it does 6.8W and I ran it for about two minutes @ 5.5A with the meter pegged at max the whole time never a drop in reading so there is a very good chance it is doing much more than that.

b2d0Cx.jpg

Last edited: