Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers 100mw 473nm PL-E Pro Review (Beastly 200mw average)

Razako

My 473nm PL-E pro came in today, and as usual Jetlasers don't fail to impress.

-Perfect build quality and stylish looks: Everything fits together and moves smoothly, the focusing mechanism works well and the laser seems professionally done in all aspects.

-Good beam specs: After warming up the laser operates with a seemingly perfect TEM00 beam. There's some mode hopping and weird stuff it does while cold, but that goes away after the laser is warmed up.

-Super Overspec: A less reputable laser seller could have easily claimed this was a 150+ or even 200+ mw laser. After it warms up this is a 200mw average laser, and it just keeps going up. I haven't done any runs over 2ish minutes because I like to respect the duty cycle, but the crystals in this clearly like higher temps. My first run of 2 minutes got a relatively pedestrian, but still overspec 150mw average. I then waited 3 mins and did a second run, followed by a third run and WOW! Average of 200ish mw and a steady upward trend in power with no sign of falling off.

-Value: If you're in the market for a handheld 473nm I'll shamelessly say that you CANNOT do better than Jetlasers. For the price you won't find anything better on the net.

-Usability: Great all around. Takes either one 26650 cell or an 18650 with the included adapter. The LED indicators are a nice touch and change colors depending on what mode of operation your in. All 3 are red when the laser is off, fade to blue in momentary on mode, and go green in constant on mode. Comes with a key to turn the tailcap on and off in case you have children around the house.

-Overall Rating: 10/10. Awesome in all aspects, overspec and I have nothing to complain about. No regrets whatsoever so far.

Tonight I'll try to get some outside beamshots alongside my 532nm PL-E. Until then you'll all need to be amused by these pics and power readings.
IMG_1129_zpsmmt1xoh3.jpg

IMG_1130_zpszdjabqoe.jpg

IMG_1133_zps4257iknx.jpg

Untitled2_zps7zaykuax.png

Untitled_zpsphs5fedz.png

Last edited:

BobMc

Wow, that's real impressive a 195-205 average for a 100mw unit. Can't beat that! Great looking laser, looking forward to the night time beam shots.

Last edited:

diachi

Damn! That's a lot of 473nm in a small package, awesome!! Thanks for taking the time to review for us. :beer:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Congrats, it looks like you got a real keeper there Razako, 100% overspec is super, even by Jetlasers standards! :beer:
A question, how long of a time period before it settles down to a TEM00 beam?

Razako

Congrats, it looks like you got a real keeper there Razako, 100% overspec is super, even by Jetlasers standards! :beer:
A question, how long of a time period before it settles down to a TEM00 beam?
From a cold start? About 30-40 seconds.
After warmed up? Much quicker. Maybe a few seconds.

I'm very happy for you, Razako. It isn't often that you receive a DPSSL that outputs twice as much power as claimed. Glowing review.

Razako

I'm very happy for you, Razako. It isn't often that you receive a DPSSL that outputs twice as much power as claimed. Glowing review.
I suspect they rate these based on the first 60 seconds of testing or something like that. Since these seem to like it warm, you're never gonna get the true potential from a short run like that.

Encap

I suspect they rate these based on the first 60 seconds of testing or something like that. Since these seem to like it warm, you're never gonna get the true potential from a short run like that.

Great example the JetLasers 473nm you received--impressive even by JetLasers standards---they must have receive a batch really good quality crystals and their technicians are well paid very skilled/experienced at fine tuning and tweaking as well.

Good review and pics --- you are a lucky guy to have it.

Last edited:
Hey Razako,
I just received my PL E mini 473nm 50 mW a couple hours ago. It is also overspec, but not quite as much as yours is :drool:
You are correct about the build quality. I have never seen something quite like that before.

I was palnning on doing a review, but I am not sure anymore after reading yours :worthy:
So i hust go back to playing with my laser now :whistle:

Greetz
Philipp

Cel

Nice unit, lovely color! :beer:

@BobMc Please don't quote large posts filled with images.

EDIT: can't rep yet.

Last edited:

Razako

Hey Razako,
I just received my PL E mini 473nm 50 mW a couple hours ago. It is also overspec, but not quite as much as yours is :drool:
You are correct about the build quality. I have never seen something quite like that before.

I was palnning on doing a review, but I am not sure anymore after reading yours :worthy:
So i hust go back to playing with my laser now :whistle:

Greetz
Philipp
Nice! Glad to hear you're also happy with your laser.

Razako

A little late, but here are some beamshots I took last night in clear weather.
IMG_1135_zpsgiwfnc4s.jpg

IMG_1136_zps97lvu8v6.jpg

Nice beam shots, Razako. I'd like to see one with a 445nm to compare the color difference with, if that's possible for you. :D