Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

JETLASERS 1.4W 465nm Mini

You're welcome! :)
It shouldn't be too hard to turn one on the lathe; I'd make one up, but I don't have a Sanwu B.E. yet.

Just got back from Home Depot and put thoughts to work
I present to you The Sanwu to JL adapter.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Sweet, that ought to do it! :gj:
Edit: Have you had a chance to see if you can get any better results with this B.E.?

Last edited:
Sweet, that ought to do it! :gj:
Edit: Have you had a chance to see if you can get any better results with this B.E.?

Exactly what I was hoping for. I pinged Rich to see if he could machine a more professional take on it. So I have to figure out how to paint the Sanwu BE black....I think I only get one shot at that. Suggestions?

Little more details. These washers measure 25mm dia. 28mm would be better to match stock hardware dimensions and ditch the stock piece in this configuration.

Last edited:

CE5

Curious, noticed you write the date on your batteries. So you know how old they are?

Pretty much, I've always done that; it reminds me how old they are, and it also helps me keep them together as a set, especially when using them in multiple hosts.

What a swell Idea!

I might even geek out, and also write individual serial#s on mine. Probably like 6/17/1, 6/17/2, 6/17/3 etc; indicating month/year/ser#
And keep a log sheet, recording how many charge cycles and dates since last charge etc.

Thanks again for the great pics and review!

Also a side note about J/L BE's. With the most recent PL-E Pro, order that I placed. Gray, indicated that J/L has recently been upgrading their 10x BE's.
Unfortunately, I don't have any further deets other than that.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
So I have to figure out how to paint the Sanwu BE black....I think I only get one shot at that. Suggestions?

I agree, a black Sanwu B.E. would match your J/L better, but I think painting it may be a bigger pain than than what it's worth to get that look.
If you want to do a real good job, you'll probably want to take it apart first to protect the optics and get the paint applied where you want it.

If you really, really want it black, and are willing to disassemble it anyway, I'd check into getting it anodized, it'll look better, have a tougher finish, and be a better match to the host; the downside is that it won't be nearly as cheap as paint.

It would be great if you could get Sanwu to add black B.E.'s to their lineup, but since most all their products are either bare polished aluminum, or stainless, I doubt that they would comply, but it never hurts to ask.

@CE5, Thanks for your comments! :)

Reactions: GSS

BobMc

Just got back from Home Depot and put thoughts to work
I present to you The Sanwu to JL adapter.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That was a really good idea! Putting a Sanwu 3x on a JL! And getting the parts from HomeDepot. :gj: Well Done, very impressive!:)

Last edited:
BT...THANX for the great review on the Mini ! I am now in the market for a good 532nm unit. At the relative brightness of 532nm and the divergence of a DPSS... This is likely a good choice for an EDC.

OK...regarding the battery tube length issue...Hmmm ??? I assume there is a spring on the - end ?? I wonder if one can get to this spring...to shorten it ???...Might be a simple fix !!
This switching arrangement is Da Schizz !!! Very nice !!! Wish I cold copy it for my builds !!!

Thanx Again,
CDBEAM

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey CD, thanks for the comments, I think The J/L Mini would be a great choice for a 532nm EDC; it's just the right size, a solid, high quality product!
As you say, the switching on these is "Da Schizz", with both momentary and continuous options.

You are correct, there is a spring at the front end of the battery tube, it has approximately 7-8mm of travel.
It could be shortened, but IMO would be a difficult task, as it's a long way in a fairly small tube. Disassembly of the battery tube from the head unit would be an even tougher job (See Pic Below).

XYqbu0D.jpg

Disassembly looks as if it would also require switch removal; host comes apart at colored lines.
TljMydN.jpg

Hmmmmm ??? Well...Perhaps Jet Laser has seen our post's !!! A simple affair...to install a slightly shorter spring at the factory !!

Well....After spending several hundred on a new, good value unit..I am not keen on taken it apart. !! It is one thing...to disassemble....when ya know exactly how something is put together....It is a real unnerving thing....when ya just do not know if yer F'ing it up !!!...and it is brand new !!

Hmmmm....I will order one and see....but....I am leaning on given the spring a " vasectomy " from the open tube end....IF POSSIBLE....spring metal can be....ornery !!! or...just leaving it be !!! depends on the fit.

Maybe...I'll just trim off a little bit from the LiPo cell ! hahahaha !!...or....maybe use the slightly smaller LiPo cells ???
Anyway....Thanx for the pics and suggestions !!
Beam Out

Last edited: