Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlaser Or WickedLasers?

IWIRE

Hey Munk, I think you'll like J/L's focusing, besides being internal, it works very smoothly.
And IMHO, I don't think you'll be giving up any quality at all!

Likewise. JL's focusing mechanism is sweet ! Never had a WL and I just noticed they got rid of a bunch of their silly descriptions of lasers. That's a plus. :) I would like one of their flashlights :) Unfortunately the flashlight will have to wait until I get my laser from JL paid off :)

ScottW

JL's focusing mechanism is sweet !

Agree. I like my Arctic, but focusing is a real pain. Just to LPM it, you have to unscrew the lens cover, unscrew the "hat", and use a screwdriver to defocus. Then when done, reverse all those steps. Forget about any on-the-fly focus changes. (And the older ones were actually glued in place.)

The JetLasers mechanism is really well designed. Easy to focus with the laser on, yet all the mechanism is internal. Great engineering.

Never had a WL and I just noticed they got rid of a bunch of their silly descriptions of lasers. That's a plus.

It does look like they toned down the rhetoric on the Arctic, but these statements are still on their site right now:

• "The Krypton is the world's most powerful green handheld laser."
  • "Forged in the fires of a living star, the Inferno is the world's most powerful handheld red laser, with a beam so intense it will bring light to even the darkest reaches of our Universe."
  • "Brought to life during a lunar eclipse, the Lunar is bestowed with the dread of twilight."
Those are still pretty silly. :)

The JetLasers site is very different -- no rhetoric or hyperbole, just descriptions of features, design, and specifications.

Last edited:
yeah he just left out the 'not'

as

I was just stating that WL has a really well established build quality, and NOT that JL isn't as reputable.-- Miles between the reps-- WL lots of red--Jl.. none

So IMHO this is correct---

I was just stating that JETLASERS has a really well established build quality, customer service and rep. , and that WL isn't as reputable either ATM.

One would think WL would take some of that gazilliions in profit they made and upgrade more everything more than they have.-- hk

Last edited:
Sounds to me a if WL is still trying to preach and sell to the unconverted. IMO I think that any laser that produces a beam in a darkened room inspires awe in most people so having silly sales gimmicks like "Brought to life during a lunar eclipse, the Lunar is bestowed with the dread of twilight." just shows that they are searching for those in the noobie market. Sure there are still others who already "Know" that will still buy from them but by the sounds of it it's because of the host design more than anything else. JL on the other hand looks to me as if they are building for laser enthusiasts, those that know what they want, know what it is and know what will arrive in the mail. Their buyers are under No Illusions that their 2W 445nm is not going to vaporise Alien Beings whith a single burst of photons!;) However sales hype has always helped sell products to the unknowing and after a time if your product or your service gains a not so good reputation what else do you have left?
Living here in OZ we do not have a great deal of choice, I do see some members here have managed to purchase company built lasers but for me it will be a matter of doing my own builds which I get a lot of satisfaction from anyway. It would be nice though to get my hands on some more exotic wavelengths though which are usually made by the larger companies already built into one of their hosts. I wish some of these are more readily available as Diodes or in modules. Please let it be so! :worthy:

Munk

Hey yeah, thanks guys... Didnt mean for the typo haha. I was saying that JL wasn't known by the market as well as WL. Not taking away from JL or the quality, I just don't know for certain. Well not yet...

So I'm actually having the EXACT same question today and thank god for this forum. I am probably gonna go with Jet lasers this time because I want the most powerful 532 I can get my hands on without having to sacrifice duty cycle because I love bringing it up to the cottage and throwing it behind the fire which we usually make kick smoke up a hundred feet and that makes for awesome pictures and just leaves people in awe. I would like to point out though, as far as I know, WL are the only high power portables that have a continuous duty cycle for a somewhat decent price. that's a big thing for me as I said. But from what I've read the JL PLE has a 5 minute duty cycle and that's not too bad for what it is. Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say thank you for posting this thread and for the comments that have helped me make a decision. PS: don't knock something unless you've tried it... except BEATS by dre.... those things are just the WORST. If you're gonna buy high end cans I'd recommend GRADO SR 325 or higher :)

I would go with Jetlaser. Wicked Laser charges way to much for their lasers and I heard the shipping times are terrible. You're also taking a chance with quality if you go with WL. You may get a laser that breaks after a few uses or you may get one that lasts you a long time.

Go with Jetlaser

Treser

I am living in New Zealand and really fallen in love with the Jetlasers 445nm PL-E Pro 3.5W, 4W, 4.5W and 5W Lasers, PL-E Pro 445nm blue Laser but afraid that the laser will never reach my address due custom regulations. Reading in other topics that you should order without the batteries since the customs are also very keen on them or better order a handheld laser as a self build set. But that would mean I have to go for Survival laser even Jetlaser tics more of my boxes. Mmm difficult making the right choice, One week ago I still was thinking WL is the way to go and after reading here and getting lots of feedback I have gotten to this point..
Would be nice when JL could offer for NZ a handheld in separate pieces/packages so I can also receive it as a Kiwi. On their website there is now information about customs and guaranty towards receiving the laser. On WL they are making a whole point about how they guaranteeing you that you will receive their products.

try maybe laserbtb ? they offer money back i think if laser will not arrive and ive read several people in AU which has very hard laser laws too that recived without any problem so maybe you will too?

IWIRE

Jetlasers is a member here. Send Gray a PM and voice your concerns. He will be honest with you.

A recent order I placed with Wicked Lasers was actually shipped from within the U.S.

That's all I'm going to say about that. :)

USAbro

I wish I could afford the red nano. It's like a novelty item.

Cyb0rg

I own a WickedLaser 75mW. Very happy with the product. The shipping, however, took me a month. Once it got to my house, it did not work, so I had to return it for another one (which took another month).

After 2 months, I finally received it. Definitely a quality product this time around. The shipping length is my only complaint. I received a 200mW green laser from Lucklaser.com which got to me in 10 days!

**also, WL has pretty good customer service. They seemed to be very attentive to me when I had my issue with their first laser I received

Last edited:

USAbro

I own a WickedLaser 75mW. Very happy with the product. The shipping, however, took me a month. Once it got to my house, it did not work, so I had to return it for another one (which took another month).

After 2 months, I finally received it. Definitely a quality product this time around. The shipping length is my only complaint. I received a 200mW green laser from Lucklaser.com which got to me in 10 days!

**also, WL has pretty good customer service. They seemed to be very attentive to me when I had my issue with their first laser I received

Good that you had positive experiences with them. Others seem not to have had positive experiences with them.