Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jellyfish Lasers Are Revolutionizing Quantum Physics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have put this in the youtube videos you want to share thread.
Well it's funny you would say that when you yourself put the same video in the "Science & Lasers" forum by making this very thread we are posting in right now ???

If you feel that strongly about it why didn't you put the very same video in the "youtube videos you want to share" thread ???

Do as i say, Not as i do ??? :crackup:

Last edited:

Well it's funny you would say that when you yourself put the same video in the "Science & Lasers" forum by making this very thread we are posting in right now ???

If you feel that strongly about it why didn't you put the very same video in the "youtube videos you want to share" thread ???

You must really like hearing yourself whine...:crackup::crackup:

Jerry

You must really like hearing yourself whine...:crackup::crackup:

Jerry
Nope, I really like to joke around, Too bad you don't get the difference or you might have more fun posting...... :D

For the most part i'm smiling when i post but i imagine that's not the case with you ?

Last edited:
Well I'll got to be honest with you, It wasn't really concern, Just a observation....... :whistle:

Last edited:

Rivem

I remember reading about this in one of the IEEE or SPIE publications. It's pretty neat, but they're a lot like dye cell lasers with an improved dye that has special new properties. Probably not something that'd be too effective on our side, but it could be very useful in research lasers.

I remember this from last January. Why is it all of a sudden now being talked about? I enjoyed watching it back then. Not so much now. Thanks, Chris.

Encap

I remember this from last January. Why is it all of a sudden now being talked about? I enjoyed watching it back then. Not so much now. Thanks, Chris.

Because 2 threads about it were merged by Hap see post # 12--the original thread of 7 January 2017 and a new thread with the same video posted by Accu on 10 August 2017

Benm

It's interesting that GFP (green fluorescent protein) has potential use as a lasing medium.

For those without a background in biology or chemistry, GFP is a protein that has been used for a long time as an indicator. If you, forexample, want to introduce a gene into some cell culture you can insert a construct of both your gene of interest and that coding for GFP. This way you can easily see if it worked under a microscope using blue light and looking for a the green glow.

One thing i find interesting about it all is that organisms could in theory have evolved to have organic lasers. I don't think any do, but it is feasible to some degree als very good reflecting materials have also evolved (such as the reflective layer in the eye of a cat).

It may seem very far fetched that some organism would evolve to actually use an organic laser for some purpose, but then again we have electric eels that are quite capable of incapacitating a human wandering to their waters (though humans are probably far to big to eat for these fish, it still is a defense from humans eating them).

Because 2 threads about it were merged by Hap see post # 12--the original thread of 7 January 2017 and a new thread with the same video posted by Accu on 10 August 2017

Thanks. Couldn't figure out what all, the hub-bub was all about.

Acc, this thread was dead, it was 7 months old, since then I decided to put all of my youtube stuff of interest in the youtube thread. Maybe you well understood that and just didn't like my comment in the other thread where I posted asking you to do so? LOL, you whacker! Maybe I am being too conservative these days, IDK. Anymore, I don't make new threads to add another youtube video, it is better to add to that thread because it keeps being put up over and over again, these die out, usually.

Now, do as I say or I will throw a jellyfish at you.

Last edited:
Acc, this thread was dead, it was 7 months old, since then I decided to put all of my youtube stuff of interest in the youtube thread. Maybe you well understood that and just didn't like my comment in the other thread where you posted a video asking you to do so? LOL, you whacker! Maybe I am being too conservative these days, IDK. Anymore, I don't make new threads to add another youtube video, it is better to add to that thread because it keeps being put up over and over again, these die out, usually.
What are you talking about ??? "you posted a video asking you to do so" What video from "me" asking "me" to do so ??? I can't make out what it is your trying to say ???

Last edited:
Pfft.... Yea you do. OK, I went back and fixed it but you had to edit your post to quote my error, what a butt! Sometimes I get mixed up on who is who, you or me? Anyway joker, I'm going to get a bucket full of jellyfish for you now.

Last edited:
you had to edit your post to quote my error, what a butt!

WHAT ??? I'm more lost than ever ?????? I didn't edit my post other than to add "you" to "___ posted a video asking you to do so" and that's it.......

Unsubscribed.......

Status
Not open for further replies.