Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

jayrob XM-L 1000 lumen 2D Maglight

I got my jayrob XM-L 1000 lumen 2D Maglight a few days ago so here are some pictures of it. I am very happy with my purchase. I was about to buy the Thrunite Catapult v2 but then saw this thing and I was sold.

He sells them here <<http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-1000-lumen-xm-l-t6-maglite-mod-voltage-monitor-parts-complete-light-59581.html>>

Anyway on to the pics. :whistle:

Batteries all charged up

I made this battery holder for 18650’s until my 32600s came. Made with ¾” pvc pipe with some tape wrapped around each end to make it 32mm in diameter

Snug fit ☺

I took the wrapping at the end of one of the batteries off so the smaller batteries could make contact. Otherwise I would have to modify the spring which I rather not do because it already works perfectly with the 32600’s I have coming

As you can see it is a pretty big spring so some modification is needed in some way if you are using 18650s

The beast (I got mine with the battery indicator and am extremely happy I did)

In my room, this shot was taken with my normal ceiling light on.

Light off

XM-L on low (pointed at ceiling directly over camera)

XM-L on medium(pointed at ceiling directly over camera)

XM-L on high(pointed at ceiling directly over camera)
Looks like daylight ☺

XM-L on low (fence is 100 feet away)

XM-L on medium (fence is 100 feet away)

XM-L on high (fence is 100 feet away)

XM-L on high (tree is ~250 feet away)

A couple of random shots

Here is a little video with the battery indicator. I definitely recommend getting the indicator if you buy this flashlight. Really handy and it just adds to the great look of the flashlight. I’m very happy I opted for the indicator. This video is just to show off the indicator, the camera i was using took terrible videos so you can't really see how bright the light is in the video.

If you have any questions feel free to ask (although you may be better off asking jayrob himself ;))

jayrob

Cool thanks for doing a review! :)

Didn't expect that...

Guess your happy! :D

Nice pics! I especially like this shot you took because it shows the beam:

dscn0292r.jpg

DTR

Man that makes my lights look like porch flood lights.:yabbem:

Everytime I see a flashlight like this it makes me wanna go and buy 100 HID and wrap them together with tape.

I hate you for having this :p

Added to RT!

Hey guys,
I just purchased and received this 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite 5D w/ voltage monitor.
Heres a quick review, I'm kind of a noob so forgive me if my review is all over the place.
Link to the sales thread:

FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

1. OK, paid and received the item in 2 weeks, was rather surprised at the quick turnaround and the updates Jay provided was very professional.
2. Packaging was very well done, big box, lots of "protection" against the delivery guy throwing the box all around his truck and stuff.
3. I got the 5D cell model, with voltage monitor, using 5 Tenergy rechargeable Nimh 10,000mAh batts.
4. There is no overheating AT ALL, when used on HIGH, on and off for about 1 hour, I'm assuming the massive heat sink is doing it's job.
5. The throw is awesome, I'm a high-rise elevator inspector and I can literally blind a man who is 70 stories above me at the top of the elevator shaft (that's my intended purpose... not to blind him but to see the bottom of the elevator cab from that kind of distance).
6. My idiot co-worker asked me to shine the beam at his eyes from 5 ft away at full power with his eyes open, for less than one second... the result was blindness by way of blue spots for 3-5 minutes, he basically couldn't see a thing and if he was an attacker... well, he's done, fight is over. Very cool.
7. The build is very strong and heavy duty, as a true maglite is supposed to be, clean looking and professional. Standard issue for a Jayrob build, I expected nothing less.
8. The battery monitor is sublime, definitely a must for high output rechargeable batts, great idea and super handy.
9. The 3 modes are perfect, too many modes are annoying and sometimes you just don't need the skullcrushing power of the full 1000 lumens!
10. That's it for now, will add to this if I forgot something. I am very happy with this product: beauty, strength, power... what else can you ask for? Get one, you won't regret it!

Heres the link again:

FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

Next purchase will be the stubby version!