Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jayrob version 2 heatsink & 3405 host

Ways

Just a brief review and a few pics.

First and foremost i have to say that dealing with Jayrob was a very pleasant experience his replies to my PM's where fast and he was very helpful.

Delivery of heatsink and host was also very fast. (6 days from US to UK)

The heatsink is well made and a perfect fit in the host which made this build a piece of cake just slid the Aixiz module into heatsink, tightened grub screw and soldered wires to driver, easy!

The LED was easily removed from the pill as it was a fairly loose fit (nice bright LED will come in useful for a future project im sure) the positive was soldered to a pcb which was also a fairly loose fit in the pill, negative was trapped between the pcb and pill and so a simple task to desolder the LED and then solder positive from driver to pcb and trap negative between the pill and pcb, closed it up inserted batteries and let there be light!

22052009104_resize_resize.jpg

added a foam disc to focus without burning my digits!
20052009095_resize_resize.jpg

20052009092_resize_resize.jpg

20052009087_resize_resize.jpg

20052009089_resize_resize.jpg

20052009099_resize_resize.jpg

blew some smoke into beam for this one (beam isnt visible to me in daylight without smoke, my camera has no problem seeing it though)

And there it is my first blu-ray build and indeed first build that wasnt made from whatever junk i happened to have on hand that could be easily modified to suit! and due to the ease of building i will without a doubt be using Jayrobs heatsink/host combo's in future.

Very nice explained! Jayrob definately loves experimenting with new ideas for lasers and because of that, people get what they expect! I am looking forward to my pocket mini and I don't think there is any possibility I will be disappointed from it :) Thanks jayrob for your awesome builds!

Hey very creative idea for the foam focusing head!:)
Jayrob never fails his customers:D!