Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jayrob maglite build (my first build)

Ushan

First let me thank Jayrob and DTR for putting up with my noobishness and answering my questions :p and for also providing such great products and customer support :D first, here is a video of the two new lasers (2W 445nm M140 and a 700mw 638nm Oclaro) tomorrow i will edit this to add pics, but i need to resize them. 445nm was the kit bought from Jayrob and the 638nm was scratchbuilt with a Jayrob heatsink.

Video was taken at dusk, not full night, the Oclaro beam is actually much more visible than the camera picks up

Last edited:

BobMc

Congrats on your first two builds, very nice. There's just something, after you put your heart in a build and than see it throw some photons. Awesome, :gj:

Ushan

Very nice, Ushan. Now that you have built two with help, it might be time to start getting the things together you will need to build one from scratch. If you have any questions, I am always available to help in any way that I can. Congratulations on these two lasers. :D

BobMc

thanks!! the 638nm was a bit of apain to get to work, as it takes a lower voltage than what you would get from the two 32650's im using for the 445nm. so i found these- D cell, C cell, AA cell, Dummy battery spacer, Adapter, converter. | eBay dummy battery things and it works great off of one 32650.

Very impressed, you came up with the dummy battery idea on your own. :gj: That's how you build, you adapt, go around, come up with ideas. Have got a couple of lasers that use battery spacers so your right on track. Impressive, very :bowdown:

Looking forward to your next build. Best wishes. :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Sweet, it looks like you've started your laser building career with a couple of quality builds! :beer:
:gj: +rep!

Last edited:
Very nice Ushan! Love the mag. I may save up a little and PM Jayrob on one also.

Ushan

Thanks for the comments guys :) still working on beam shots and build pics, just got back from Colorado after finding a new house and I'm working on packing all my crap up :p Pics will be coming and I found a way to add my Sanwu beam expander on the mags. Looks amazing :)

Very nice, Ushan. Hope you like Pueblo. It was a great place last time i was there. That was in 1992.